Chapter Nine: Dilemma

"MIIIIIIKAELA"

"WHAT"

Lance pouted. "I said MIKAELA," he said. "You're supposed to yell NIKOLO right back."

"Oh. Right. Sorry." Then she cleared her throat. "NIKOLO"

"MY MILKSHAKES BRING ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD"

"AND DAMN RIGHT"

"IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS"

"I CAN TEACH YOU"

"BUT I HAVE TO CHARGE"

"YO," Ally yelled from the practice room. "Do me a favor, and, like, SHUT UP."

"But," Lance pouted. "This song is our jam-"

"DON'T MAKE ME KNOCK YOU OUT"

"Fiesty. Meow." Kathryn commented, pretending to scratch Ally. She only rolled her eyes, going back into the room, and music came from it. Lance looked at the door Ally had just shut, interested. "She's taking her career quite seriously, isn't she?"

"She's had this stage fright issue since she was a kid, remember?" Kathryn asked. "She just got over it. Now she's like, a star. It's amazing."

Lance looked at his little sister. "Kath?"

"Yeah?"

"Management has been calling."

"Which." She said, not really paying attention.

"Monique Campbelle," that fully caught her attention. Monique Campbelle was her manager, and has been for the past three years, even if she was under Jimmy's label. 'Oh."

"The Runaway Teen Queen," She remembered Austin saying.

"The fans understand, iha." He said, enveloping her in a hug. She hugged him back as well, burrying her face into his neck. "I'm afraid I've upset them."

"A little," Lance admitted. "But they understand, babe. It's just two concerts that have been moved back, it's big, but nothing too big."

"But I've upset them still," she supplied. "I made them sad and I disappointed them and I love them, I-I didn't mean to!"

"And they know that," Lance said, kissing the top of her head. "They understand, Kath. It's just shocked them. But I know you needed the break, since you were, uh, sort of,"

"I know," said Kathryn, slapping him in the back whilst she still hugged him.