Chapter Twenty Nine: Teenagers

-KATHRYN-

I woke up, the sun hitting my eyes and my body starting to get cold. I heard the constant sound of my phone ringing. Groaning, I reached down on the floor, letting my hands roam until I found my phone. I opened one eye, seeing Lance's caller ID flash on the screen for about the twentieth time since last night.

I groaned again, carelessly throwing my phone away somewhere, still half asleep and successfully hitting someone. "Like, OW?!"

"Damn you teenage boys and your late night booty calls," I muttered, turning to my other side and feeling another body against mine. Suddenly a lazy arm draped over my waist, pulling me closer. I inhaled his scent, and I realized I didn't have to open a single eye to find out who this was.

"Kath it's seven in the mornin, the hell you talkin about," I heard Nicole's raspy morning voice from somewhere on the coach near to ours.

"Stop nagging, woman!" I said, snuggling closer to Austin.

"Screw you teenage girls and your constant whining," Austin muttered in his sleep, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"A teenage girl on her period is far more terrifying than a terrorist or Satan, so watch it." Ally sleepily yelled from somewhere on the floor.

"Christ, it's like I'm in the same room as Satan's little helpers," Trish added, yelling from somewehere else in the room.

I would've laughed and said something clever like: "I see what you did there.", but my brain wasn't a hundred percent awake right now.

Sleep deprived teenagers are horrifying.

After another thirty minutes of yelling at each other with the other half of our minds still asleep and many attempts of falling back asleep again, we eventually did. We slept for another half hour, until somebody started to shake me. "Kath? Wake up, angel."

I turned to my side. "I'd hit you with a brick," I muttered unintentionally, since like I said, the other half of my brain was still half asleep.

"How adorable." Austin sarcastically gushed, tilting his head to the side and watching me as he propped himself up on one of his elbows. "As much as I'd love to see my girlfriend damaged by using a fundamental material used in building walls, we have to get up."

"But I don't want to," I said, still not opening any of my eyes.

"But baby, we have to," Austin said, bending down to kiss my cheek. The way he said baby made me feel all warm on the inside, like butterflies in my stomach and all that cheesy crap they keep on writing in movies and books.

"Screw you teenage couples and your romantic cheesy shit, making us single people cry and drown half the state of the fucking USA." Ally grumbled from somewhere.