Chapter Twenty Two: The Date Chronicles

-AUSTIN-

"Eh, I do my best." I shrugged, sitting down on the hammock and pulling her waist down gently so she was next to me.

The thing I did was, I set up a place with a hammock tied to two tries and a small fire with a perfect view of the ocean.

Cheezy romance or something like that.

"Kath?" I asked her, without even looking.

"Hm?"

"Are you on a diet?"

"No, diets are for idiots." She answered me nonchalantly.

I smiled at her. "Good," I said, bending down and grabbing two sticks from underneath the hammock, handing one to her.

"What am I supposed to do with these? Poke you with it and somehow set the entire world on fire?" Kathryn asked, poking me with the stick. I laughed as I watched her stare at it.

"No," I said, pushing the stick away from my cheek. "As amusing as that sounds, I'd rather roast marshmallows instead."

As I pulled out a bag of marshmallows, a small smile appeared on her face. "Seriously? You thought of almost everything. I wonder how you'd do on a second date."

"Oh so I am taking you out on another date?" I said, teasing her. Kathryn laughed.

"Yeah well considering that you practically lost to me on that surf-off awhile ago, yes, you owe me another date." She said.

"Excuse me? Is it just me or am I hearing things? I lost to you?" I asked.

"Yeah pretty much," Kath said. "You can't accept defeat, can you?"

"What- no! I got to the shore first," I defended. She gave me a laugh.

"No I think I did."

"No, I did."

"No, I did."

"No, I did."

"I did."

"I di-"

"Okay how about this," Kathryn said, cutting me off. "Let's just say we both got to the shore on the same time. Deal?"

"Deal," I agreed, handing her a marshmallow. She smiled like a child, eating a bite of it. Suddenly my eyes lit up and a huge smile spread on my face. Kathryn noticed. "What is it this time?" She laughed.

"Wait, so we both won?" I clarified. She nodded. "What was our deal?"

"If I win, you take me out on a date. If you win, you take me out on another date." Kath said, flinging her stick around.

"We both won, so," I started to say, leaning back on the hammock. "Now I owe you two dates."

Kathryn smiled teasingly at me, putting her hair all to one side exposing the back of her skin. "Nice going, Einstein. That's the last time I make a bargain with you."

"That's what she says," I muttered, which I think she heard because she playfully pushed me.

"I hate you, now give me a marshmallow," She chuckled at me. I laughed, handing her another one. The rest of the night we ended up roasting marshmallows and talking while the music from my phone was the only thing we could hear besides our laughing voices.

"That is the third time you've burnt a marshmallow!" Kathryn laughed uncontrollably as I took the marshmallow off my stick, tossing it aside. "You're way worse at roasting a marshmallow than you are at driving."

I gasped at her , holding onto my chest in fake hurt. "Kathryn! That is so mean!"

"Oh look a rhyme," I said, analyzing my words and suddenly getting distracted. Kath started to laugh even worse, and that was music to my ears. "Austin?"

"Yeah?" I asked her.

"Will you hand me your phone for a minute?" She asked. I shot her a look, making her roll her eyes. "No, I will notthrow it into the ocean or snoop around, in the hopes of finding videos of squirrels water skiing. Now give me your phone, just for a second. Please?"

Kathryn pouted at me, and I had to give in. I handed her my phone, and all she did was cut off the music and hand it back to me. She rested her head on my shoulder, her free hand still busy roasting marshmallows. "Do me a favor and sing to me."

I chuckled. "What? You want me to sing to you?"

"If you can perform ten various songs about heart-broken guys infront of ten thousand people,then I'm pretty sureyou can sing me atleast one song without breaking down or being attacked by a wild bunny rabbit." She said, looking up at me with her eyes, pouting. I laughed, putting my stick down and putting an arm around her.

"Fine, then. But if I do get attacked by a wild bunny rabbit, it's on you." I said, making her laugh. I cleared my throat, singing her the first song that popped into my mind.

In the middle of the song, Kath put her stick down, wrapping an arm around my torso and snuggling closer to my chest. After I finished the entire song, I looked down, playing with my fingers. "Kath?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you still like me if my life wasn't like this?"

"Austin, like what?"

"This. Young popstar, celebrity, yada yada yada-"

She pinched my lips together through her fingers. I stared at her fingers, probably crossing my eyes. Kathryn smiled at me."Blondie, that's not why I like you. Somehow you're perfectly imperfect to me, and I don't know why. It's you I want, not the fame or your money. Honestly it offends me to know that you actually think that. Even if you weren't famous I'd still fall so hard for you, and nothing or no one will ever be able to change that. I just want you. All your flaws, mistakes, smiles, horrible jokes, sarcasm and many, many, many miserable fails at hitting on me. I just want you. That's it."

I tried to say something, but I couldn't. Even if I could, nothing would come out of my mouth.

What she said hit me so hard.

But not as hard as the realization that just hit me.

I don't just like this girl.

I'm already inlove with her.

"Uh, Austin?" Kathryn asked, snapping her fingers infront of my face. "Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to say something-"

I didn't say anything at all. All I did was just grab her cheeks and kissed her. I knew she was surprised at first, then I heard her drop her stick and wrap her arms around my neck, kissing me back. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist and gently pulling her onto my lap.

(lol honestly writing this is very awkward for me so cut me some slack if all this cheezy stuff is starting to suck)

We pulled back, both a little out of breath. I smiled at her as I rested my forehead on hers. "Kath?"

"Hm?"

"Be my girlfriend?" I asked her, giving her a cheeky smile. She gave me the same cheeky smile back, pulling me by my collar and kissing me again.

"So I'll take that as a yes?" I asked her when we pulled back again. Kathryn laughed, nodding me a yes.