Chapter thirty-two | Koa

LOCATION: EASTCLIFF, ELER

YEAR: 621 C.E

KOA DELACROIX WANTED TO KILL SOMETHING AND IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT IT WAS AS LONG AS HE GOT AHOLD OF IT.

It would be dead in a matter of seconds. He was fuming as stormed into the wilderness. Alone, well, not entirely. Belio flew overhead, watching over him attentively. His sword hung low on his waist as he treaded through branches. His breathing came out uneven and bothersome. He had to stop himself from going to the infirmary and killing Enzo himself. The sky darkened as the afternoon passed him by, he often stayed in the woods but boredom did get the best of him at times.

Keeping his thoughts away from Valia, he tried to clear his mind and think of something else that would make less upset. But his mind kept going to her and why she kept all of it in. They were supposed to be friends, right? Friends talked to each other about things that are bothering them. She had said it with little thought like she had already gotten over the inappropriate comment. It was far from inappropriate. As he pondered, he realized why Enzo reminded her of Nikolai. The matter of how he held himself and the way he pushed people into less desirable situations. There were other connections but Koa would rather not think of the crown prince in a way that would make him seem more human in his mind. During his time at the palace, he saw the prince do things that he wish he never saw.

The mistreatment of anyone below him even his own family. His servants, maids, knights. More people than Koa could even count. His violation of Byron Winslow. Koa had been there that night. He was only fifteen or sixteen at the time, just arriving in Vequera. Following Nikolai and Byron had been easy and without trouble until Nikolai led Byron to an alleyway in the dead of night and had done such horrible things to the boy. Koa had been sick to his stomach for days every time he thought about it. He knew Valia wouldn't talk about it or what happened to after the events of the murder. She probably didn't remember much.

He was delighted seeing the snow had long since melted. As a child, the spring months were his favorite. In one month's time he would turn twenty but he would remain the same. His body stopped aging when he received his mark. Koa cleared his throat as he came to halt at the end of a clearing. The same one Nyra had taken him to. Belio cawed as he flew down to follow Koa. 'Human girl.' Belio landed on Koa's shoulder and picked at his hair with his beak. The crow hopped to his other shoulder.

"What about her?" He answered back.

'They are going to go see the elders.'

Belio wasn't always with Koa. He often flew around watching the surrounding area around Eler or he followed people around. Belio also had a mental connection with his mother but he preferred to spend most of his time with Koa. He liked that Koa didn't bark orders at him and just let him be. Koa made a noise as he took in what Belio had told him. "Who went with her?"

'Your mother and Drystan. They left this morning. No word of anything since.'