Chapter 1

OLIVET

Taking a huge huff, I strutted towards the huge corporate building. This massive structure looks like a fricken skyscraper. Everything screams wealth. My dad's condition took a turn for the worse, the doctors are encouraging surgery and they need to perform it as soon as possible. He needs a liver transplant and without the funds, he'll remain critical.

I'm still contemplating how I'm going to tell my boyfriend of two years about this contract marriage. My heart was pounding and I didn't get enough sleep.

I bumped into someone, knocking my glasses off.

"Look where you're going!" A girl dressed in an exceptionally beautiful couture dress sneered at me.

"I'm, I'm sorry. I didn't see you."

Her facial expression looked like she just swallowed a lemon.

"Ugh. What are you wearing, did you get that outfit from a dumpster?"

Suddenly, the doors slid open and Stormme stepped out. He's towering over me. His dark hair is thick but styled to match the crispness of his suit.

I disliked him with every fiber of my being. He'll cause the death of my relationship eventually and thinking about it now makes my mouth sour.

He placed his hand around her waist and the brat fawned over him.

"Mr. Sylvan. You promise you wouldn't miss my modeling debut, it's 7:pm."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, I'll see you later." His calculating gaze shifted from the girl next to him and landed on me. "I have very important business to take care of."

She nods and quickly makes her way to the limousine, walking seductively. I wish she'd just trip and fall. She's trying too hard.

"Olivet, you came quite early. The meeting with my lawyer starts at ten. It's only seven."

"I don't want to be late." I really just forgot the time because I lost the business card he gave me.

He gave me a once over and sighed with disapproval, "I thought you'd wear something more .. lookable."

My mother died after she gave birth to me and I ended up having to live with my grandmother since my father was always drunk. He wasn't fit to take care of me. Things got worse after he fell ill.

"It's none of your business what I wear," I muttered, staring at the ground. I put on what I can afford.

He held my chin up with his fingers so I could face him. "It will be my business soon," those eyes were cold. Very cold. Not even a shred of warmth.

I batted his hand away, "Don't touch me."

He laughed softly, "You're a feisty one. I have other matters to attend to, wait in my office until I return."

The jerk strides off, leaving me completely unattended. The shuttering of cameras caught me off guard and a swarm of paparazzi flooded the entrance, when a Lamborghini came to stop at his feet. The door opens and Alexis Normandy graces the screaming crowd with her elegance, she's that famous French chef that caters to many celebrities.

They stood together in the spotlight and hid behind a small bush watching them. She tips up to kiss him on the cheek and the cameras went wild. He's entering the vehicle with her! That's the matter he's attending to? We have a meeting soon.

If it weren't for my dying father, I'd reject this offer. I'm having a hard time just being here.

"Mr. Sylan!" One of the journalists approached him, "I saw you with a girl earlier before I came, who was she?"