Chapter 2

OLIVET

Crying my eyes out like a baby, Jackson glanced away from me annoyed. He's lying, there's no way he'd do something like this to me. We've been together for so long and to hear this now, comes with a massive blow.

"Shut the hell up, twerp. You're drawing attention to us." He snarled then lowered his voice, "Your dad gave me some good money to date you .. he's busted up in the hospital now so I was planning to leave you anyway."

Saddened and embarrassed, I tried drying my eyes but the tears won't stop.

He took a sip of his black coffee, looking at me like vomit, particularly at the tiny holes in my wool sweater.

"Do you really think I'd go out with someone like you? You're deceiving yourself, you should be thanking me I stayed with your sorry ass that long."

The waitress came to our table, she kept on chewing and rolling the pen over her knuckles.

"Is everything ok?"

I was going to speak when he shot a dagger at me.

"Everything's great, she's not feeling well. I plan on taking care of her when we get home." He reaches across the table to hold my hand making me flinch, "Isn't that right babe?"

My bottom lip trembled, heart pounded. He squeezed my fingers hard.

"Y-Yes that's right." I forced a smile while he stroked my wrist.

"Well, if ya say so. This is the bill for the sandwiches and coffee." She placed it on the table, and winked at us before leaving.

He quickly released my hand and I tried to rub the throbbing pain away. My glasses fogged over because of the AC.

"Hey Grandma," he whispered, shoving the bill next to me. "You'll be paying for this."

"But I don't have any cash -"

He sinks his thumb into my thigh and I wince. "You're not leaving until you pay it.

".. please, you're hurting me."

"That pathetic man of a father must be on his death bed waiting for surgery, he better pay me the rest of my money."

The bell tinkles on the door and audible gasps filled the room. I kept my head down in fear that Jackson might hurt me more. My fingers were white, tightly pressed to my lap. Tears pooled under my eyelids but the clicking of cameras and excited chattering made me take a peek.

My pulse shoots off like a bullet train seeing the man that I detest! Stormme. What is he doing here? They're trying to take selfies with him, most had their cellphones out, getting him on video.

"You got to come to Delly's café! Stormme Sylan is here in the flesh, hurry!" A girl screamed over the phone, "Get your ass here now."

The café was packed already, inside and out. This place will surely get more recognition.

"Please sign my Vogue magazine!"

Another girl tried, shoving through the crowd.

She had stars in her eyes, flushed cheeks, and such eagerness in each purposeful movement, she did catch his attention and he drew her to himself.

"Mr. Sylvan, you're an inspiration to me, and your study app, the green leaf, has helped me in college. I'm an honor student."

He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek and my eardrums nearly erupted from the screams. God, can they be more desperate? I watched them, each trying to get close to him, feeling a certain numbness inside of me. Can't he just leave already.