Chapter 8

OLIVET

I furtively swirl the ten thousand year old wine around in my glass, paying deep attention to the way this Italian settee pressed against my back.

Stormme is sought among other countries, due to his exceptional development of Green Leaf.

Top Universities in South Korea and Germany are introducing Green Leaf to their study curriculum, he's changing lives.

"Miss Olivet?" A woman stood by the door with a small hand luggage at her side.

I didn't even hear when she entered.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Madeline Aswal. I'm the help Mr. Sylvan sent."

He sent housekeep? I'm not a princess who needs someone to do everything for me.

Her fingers could easily touch the center chandelier if she tries. Maybe this woman was an NBA player I didn't know about.

The wine burned my throat when I swallowed. I downed the glass and went to my room. He sent me away to be with Alexis. I hated how much I missed talking with him, staying up late at night over hot chocolate and popcorn. Yes, he partied and made rounds at the club but he never missed a night without tucking me in. He slept by me but it was from a distance.

No one knew how much I cried that day. I'm sick being away from him and it worries me that I need him as much as I need oxygen to survive. Sometimes listening to one's pain isn't enough, you need to reach out and touch their scars.

Haven't seen him for weeks, he sends flowers. Different kinds and various colors, maybe he wants me to plant a garden for him to walk in when he feels tired or if he can't go on anymore. I'll plant that garden for him, hoping that it might somewhat heal his wounds.

I played with the pink satin curtains, drifting slowly along. Such a cozy little room, adorned with soft gentle colours of blues and greens. My bed was a fluffy marshmallow, scattered over the thick red covers, were many stuffed teddies of my favorite animal. Pandas.

He remembered my favorite animal from our discussion when I first moved in. I liked Gabriele but it was fleeting, it never lasted. I've been merely infatuated by him. Weirdly, he's been sending me jewelry and gifts quite often, even after I rejected them.

I bathed, brushed my teeth, and slipped into my baggy T-shirt with the logo F-k you! So comfy! Had a ton of game-printed ones, with cartoon characters. I grabbed my black leggings from the laundry basket and pulled it up slowly over my butt. Did my ass get bigger?

"Miss Olivet," Madeline bumped her forehead on the door frame. "Ouch." She rubbed the area and had to bend a little to enter my room.

"You can call me Olivet, just Olivet." I reiterate.

"Yes. Mr. Sylvan is here with a -" She cleared her throat. "The woman he's with is demanding to see you. I mean he's waiting for you."

What? I took up my half eaten burger and made my way out.

A woman with burnished red hair was next to him. I didn't think I'd feel this way looking at him. My heart raced when he turned and the lump in my throat grew. His thick black hair was raked back in a carefree way.

"Olly," it had been so long since I had heard his voice, the rich dark flavor wrapped around my senses, warming me.

At the corner of my eye, I watched the woman sit. She's wearing a gaudy diamond so massive, that she kept massaging her finger.

He was with Alexis and he has the guts to take another woman here.

"You could have at least dressed a bit more properly. I sent you a message earlier, about my mother visiting."