Chapter 10

"I walk on the ashes

of my heart because I carry the fire in my soul, hearts become ashes; souls burn forever."

—Ventum

OLIVET

"Stormme, I can go to the bathroom myself." I squirmed in his muscular arms, shoving my hand against his stubbled jaw. He kissed my fingers. They were tingling. Their tips burn when he brushes his lips over them, enticing me with the promise of more. I whimpered.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself." he smothered my face into his hard chest when he scooped me against his body. He smells good, like the rushing ocean mixed with forest. With those hands that could easily crush me, he caressed my lower back with patience.

My breath twisted into wind, no, it turned into an entire hurricane when his broad palm found the swell of my ass.

"These are the hands that will hold you together when your world breaks in half." he husked, his voice rough with need, stroking my bottom lip open.

This man is a masterpiece of words, weaving me into a perfect mess. A beautiful disaster. His warmth disappears and I stretch my hands out, moving them about. "Where are you?"

"I'm preparing your bath, stand where you are."

What is up with him?! he's lucky I can't see or his nuts —

"You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now."

Blood rushed to my face and I lowered my head, "Shut up!" Stop saying stuff like that. I'm blind and I'd often panic, when that happens, he's there to comfort me. It's strange, my eyes are open but there's only darkness.

I turned in the direction of the bed, grabbing nothing but air while I moved. I've memorized the layout of his room and the location of my stuff. That Oaf, he doesn't want me to lift a finger. I'm not completely helpless. My fingers came in contact with the cool sheets and I sat. Wait, this doesn't feel like I'm sitting on the bed.

It's hard and hot, almost scorching. I tried standing but my hips were held in place, firmly.

"You feel good sitting on me." Stormme's deep voice reverberates against my back.

My face is on fire, all the way to the tips of my ears, spreading across my skin. I feel his gaze like a touch, sliding down my neck. "Scoundrel," I muttered and he laughed.

"I haven't done anything wrong." he shifts.

He's gentle with me in a way words can't explain, attentive, and devoted to my needs. I'm nothing but a burden yet he doesn't complain. He didn't even disannul the contract, my eyes were heavy, heavy with all the emotions I was trying to hold back. I wanted to tell myself that another woman would be better for him but jealousy whispered in my ear, that manipulative bitch, came with a knife to stab me in the chest.

Jesus, I don't want him to be with another woman. I drew my knees to my chest, hugging them. I can't even help not thinking about him. It devours me. I'd lie awake hot, the burning fire, bursting within my epicenter.

He's trying to find an eye specialist who can perform this delicate surgery. It won't guarantee my sight but we wanted to try, together. He believed that Grace would find us but I am scared, scared of the outcome and maybe God might just grant me light, he might give me a second chance to be with the man who isn't giving up on me.

"Hey," he sits closer so our shoulders brush. "I don't want you to panic so try not to worry." Why is my heart beating so fast? Please calm down, his scent and proximity added to the fuel.