Chapter 12

"And still, after all this time, The sun never says to the earth,

"You owe Me."

Look what happens with

A love like that, It lights the Whole Sky."― Hafiz

OLIVET

Getting around the mansion has gotten easier thanks to Stormme. He installed a stair lift so I can go to and from his room. I've never thought he'd be so thoughtful. Truly and wholeheartedly, I yearn to be closer to him. Even now. He poured some water on a towel and bathed my head. The frying bubbles from the blueberry shampoo popped and fried against my scalp, filling my nostrils with its fruity goodness.

He tenderly placed his hands on my brow and smoothed back my ruffled hair, "I'm taking you to my grandmother's birthday party today."

My lips part, this is my chance to know more about him. I smirked, maybe his grandmother would tell me more.

"You have a mischievous expression on your face," his warm breath tickled my cheek and my mouth went dry. He continues to massage my scalp in slow sensuous motions making me grip the smooth metal armrest.

My temperature rose to astronomical heights when his hot tongue lapped on the soft flesh of my earlobe, "Nhh!" He rinsed my hair thoroughly, scrubbing gently between each interval. It's like pouring water on live coal.

I reached up to touch his face while he dried my unruly locks. My hand shook slightly in his beard, playing with the untamed bristles. It's grown. He's a youthful field, nourishing all things lovely. My fingers molded over his nose and mouth, trying to form an image in my thoughts.

He inhaled sharply, the skin next to his lips tilted. The butterflies in my stomach multiplied tenfold when the tip of his nose greeted mine. His long clever fingers wrapped themselves around my wrist and he tugged me against him. The combination of ginger, vanilla, and ripened banana took hold of my senses, wow.

"You -smell delicious," I blushed, grasping at straws. His hands are like smooth melted caramel over my shoulders, along my back, and ever so close to my ass. He has the strength of Hercules yet he holds me like a blossom.

"Want a taste?"

A puddle of nectar and honey leaked heavily from my center at his words and I stepped away from him clumsily, "Don't be ridiculous."

"Of my cream puff." Humor curled around his voice. He tucked my still damp hair in a towel and led me out of the bathroom, all the while, lacing his fingers between mine.

But a waterfall was getting ready to break from my eyes, sometimes beautiful things come into your life from nowhere. You can never know someone completely -that's why it is the most terrifying thing in the world, really trusting someone, hoping they'll take you on in faith too. It's such a precarious balance and this feeling makes you want to give yourself. Give your heart.

I needed him desperately, violently, my pulse was in overdrive, on the verge of crashing to pieces. I'm wretched and that urge turned into a physical combat with both lungs and every bit of muscle it takes to move.

This hunger swelled again when he hooked one marbled arm around my waist. The low hum of the refrigerator vibrates softly against my eardrums. His presence towered over me as intense and savage as only he could be, making me feel tiny, surrounded by his utter maleness.

My heartbeat is everywhere, even in my toes. This wonderful human clothed with soul and a vivacious spirit, tucked the chair under my rear -his hand never leaving my back. I can feel him hunting the wicked demons of panic and anxiety that linger around me with vials of holy water, with blessed knives, steel, and silver blades as he stepped around my trembling form.