Chapter 25

OLIVET

The sunlight was forcing its way through the clouds. The mountain air makes my head light, and my limbs loose. It feels unfamiliar yet refreshing like a first kiss.

Two weeks have passed in a blur.

"You have received a friendly sticker." The MeeChat App notified me. MeeChat was an app created by the Sylvan Tech community three years ago. It's hot on the market with over 5 billion users.

Whether gossip, trends, photoshoots, or movies, MeeChat was a social magnate. People were drawn to it like hungry bees for pollen.

Sliding past the lock screen, my lips part on a gasp. Stormme is typing. We made accounts and communicated privately. He's typing. Chewing on my lower lip, I kept tapping my foot. Is he eating properly? Is he resting as he should? Is he SAFE? He's sorted the issue, but it..if feels like there's something else that he wants to bring across.

He stopped typing, and my heart dropped. I took one last glimpse at my phone.

"Look behind you."

Dead leaves under my boots crunch when I turn. Stormme walks from behind a tree. The sunlight danced along his face and shoulders, creating an orange halo, warmth radiated from him. He looked more human than I'd ever seen him.

My heart hammered.

"Stormme." Breathing his name made my soul tremble with memories and warmth, and a deep ache.

In a single stride, he severed the distance between us. He reaches for me and slides a hand around my waist. His touch sent electricity along my skin.

My emotions got too much to hold back, and I snagged the collar of his shirt and pulled his lips onto mine, tasting the cool mint there.

He kissed me in a language older than the stars while his strong fingers searched my curves with painful longing. Heaven sighed, and I trembled. His tender ministrations firm hold on my hips, made my legs sag.

"Those two weeks away from you were torture."

"The days got lonely." An old well caught my eye, and I made my way to the mouth. Someone filled it with dirt and rocks.

"Get away from there."

Pretending to fall in, he grabbed my arm.
"That was dangerous." The furrow between his eyebrows deepens. He glanced inside.

"I was joking." He hooks my chin with his finger and tilts my head. A ghost of a smile graced his mouth. "I wanted to clear the tension."

His voice unusually gravelly rumbled when he spoke, "You're troublesome."

Before he moved another muscle, my wet lips dipped over the rough pad of his finger. He exhaled raggedly while I pursued to strangle his restraint. He had to grit his teeth to keep the snarl out of his voice.

The heat raced to his eyes. His jaw grew tight. My gaze skipped past his wide chest and shoulders, down farther to the thick erection that grew at record speed under his jeans, wildly arousing.

He popped his thumb from my lips, "Hhhmm." he expels the pent-up air from his chest. A trail of fresh saliva glides down his index finger when he inspects it. My cheeks peppered at the lewd sight.

Dark and hungry, his gaze roamed my face. He looked so big, so .. male standing over me, making me feel tiny and very feminine.

"You tempt me sore." He planted his large palm at my back, butterflies churned in my belly.

"My cabin is uphill, I'll guide you there." His smile lights up the entire forest, and when my eyes flit with excitement, he holds me flush against him.