~ Swinford ~

The rest of the way to Swinford was silent for the both of them. Both feeling different emotions. Technoblade for the first time in a while was feeling sorrowful for the girl he thought he hated. But I guess those feeling changed. It he knew she hated him. After all he was then one who sent her to the prison, held her down for that shot, and broke her wrist with knowing it. And the prince truly beat himself up for that, mentally of course. Y/n was experiencing other emotions however. The subject of her family never really got to her. Of course she stayed 'confident' well a fake confidence.

Even after everything she's been through she kept up the act. Being all confident and shit. Y/n hates being fake. Might be the only thing she hated more than Technoblade. Wait no. She didn't hate him. Hell she wished she hated him. But for some reason he was always there. There when y/n was bawling in the library. When she almost died in the prison. When she cried in her cellar. For some reason he was always there. Not just there standing, but always there for her.

They were close to Swinford now. The port was buzzing with people anticipating the arrival of the troops and prince. But still anchored on the horizon weee the ships. Mocking their rival country. There simply for props. So the other troops could sneak into the kingdom's territory and attack the castle. The most vulnerable place. The place they needed to be under control for the sake of them winning this battle. The battle that would some day go down in history. Hopefully. But no one knew that the ships were props or that troops were creeping into Nazzulia teeritory slowly. But of course no one knew that. Not yet.

~~~~~

The moon had just started to come up when lanterns from the town started to appear in the path. Y/n perked up at the first sight of building. She longed for a real bed and some decent food. This trip didn't take as long as the girl thought it would. She glanced over at Techno who's eyes were glued on everything but her. He didn't want to look over at the girl, he couldn't.

Y/n still looked at him. A sense of deja vu coming over her. It but suddenly and rapidly. And soon em enough she was back in the library after storming out in the royals. The not so familiar words coming back to her. Echoing in her head.

I hope your happy with what you've done to me!

The word echoed and echoed. God y/n hated deja vu. It was never good. But that's not what was bothering her at the moment. What did she mean when she yelled that. What had Techno done to her? But she answered that as soon as the question came to her head.

Everything.

But was her answer valid? That she didn't know. And soon everything hit her. No Techno nor the royals ruined her life. She did. Faking her entire life. Her confidence was even fake. Who faked confidence? She walked with her chin high but in all honesty she wished she could look down each time she walked. And she just stuck with it. She was reck. At this point silent tears steamed down her face as she rode into Swinford. But no one saw. Or she thought.

But the prince that was always there did see her tears. Just how he saw everything else. How she cried without care in front of him. Or how she beat herself up at every chance she got.

The troops arrived at their camp. A cleared area near the shoes with tents set up. But these weren't like the tents that they packed. They were more formal, house-like tents. Y/n took in every detail as she wiped away the salty crystals that stuck to her cheeks.

Y/n hopped off Major and handed over his lead to a to whoever took it. She walked over to Rein who was also handing off her horse to the same person.

" Hey y/n how was the rest of your ride? Saw you talking with Technoblade?" Rein asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah just talking about what's going on with Phomid and that stuff," y/n said brushing off the hint of amusement in her new friends voice.

"Nice nice," Rein mischievously smiled as she walked off into one of the tents.

Y/n smiled and turned around to go sit by the already lit fire. After a long days of traveling surly she'd want to fall asleep but here she was wide awake her soul staring into the glistening flames.

"Y/n can I talk to you?" the voice behind her made the girl jump. "By the water perhaps," the prince said as y/n just nodded and brushed off her pants. You could say she wasn't in the taking mood, but here she was walking over to the shore a step behind the prince.

"Yeah?" y/n asked once they were far enough away from the camp.

"You like, good? I mean you don't seem all thrilled to be here and I understand if you'd wanna go back to the castle but-"

"I'm fine Techno I don't know why you worry about me so much," y/n mumbled.

"You just seem off," the prince said defending himself.

"Yeah I bet I do. Maybe because I'm here? Or maybe that I'm a fake who's been faking her entire life? Or maybe that it's I walk with my chin up when I shouldn't be? Maybe cause my life been ruined not even by you but by myself? Ok so leave me the hell alone!"

"I was just saying-" the prince stopped slightly rolling us eyes.

"Oh don't you roll your eyes at me you prick! God I hate you!" y/n bluntly lied.

"Oh I bet? Then why don't I just send you out on one of those boats to deal with the mess you started!" Techno scowled pointing at the horizon where now invisible Phomid boats sat.

"I bet you'd like that!"

"Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't!"

That night a spark started that both of them didn't know could be lit.

a/n:
GDid that entire chapter on my phone for some reason. It's a little short so sorry about that. The last sentence is chefs kiss. Anyways have a great day/night!