~ letters ~

Y/n didnt bother to talk to Technoblade for the rest of the day, even if she accepted his apology. She didnt want to give the prince the satisfaction of he approval. But the girl also hoped he didnt hate her. Hopefully he knew. But soon the two will be somewhat friends again. But you know friends always get into fights and they ignore each other for a bit. Its alright, it'll always be alright. For now.

Racing down the same path that the troops traveled on was a messanger, with important news. A very important letter tucked into his shall. He needed to get to the camp as soon as possible, the fate of the country on his shoulders. What is this letter so important you may ask? Well first its from the king. Second, well, you'll learn the second reason shortly. By now it was mid day, and the messangers horse got closer and closer. Running faster and faster with each step. This letter needed to be delivered before sun down. Otherwise it was no use. And what good is a useless letter?

Y/n was out by the ocean again, sitting on a small leg. She gazed at the Phomid ships on the horizon. Still midlessly sitting there. Not doing anything, not a threat. But of course they werent a threat. They were prop, a display, a distraction. A great distraction. But now one knew that, just yet. They would find out just as soon as the messanger got to the camp. He was close now, the lanters of the port coming into view. So close yet so far. Every second that passed was one waisted. Every time the clock ticked was a tick waisted.  But they need aso those ticks, all those seconds. They are important even if they dont seem like it.

~~~~~

The girl sat on the rock. The ocean and ships the only thing in her view. It was peaceful and perfect, for once. But like everything else it didnt last.

The loud sound of a horse coming to a stop made y/n look back to see Techno come out of his tent. To see the man on his horse hand a letter to the prince. The wax on sealing it was in the royal colors. That was never good. Y/n watched as Techno read over the letter time and time again till he shouted into another tent. Rein came out a shocked look on her face. The prince said something to her and which she just nodded and looked around, spotting y/n. The two locked eyes as Rein ran over.

"Y/n you need to get your stuff packed and ready, now!' she said hurridly before running to other troops. What was happening?

The girl walked over to Techno who was tacking up his and y/n's horse. He just glanced back at the girl and continued.

"Techno, what on earth is going on?" she asked helping tack up Major.

"Phomid," he said bluntly putting a foot in his horses stirrup.

Y/n's eyes widened as she mounted her horse. "What about Rein and the troops?"

"They're staying here incase, y/n just try to keep up."

And she did. The two's horses galloped onto the path. There was no time to waist. They needed to be back at the castle before it was midnight. The two raced through the trees which started to get thicker once outside of the port. The wind hitting their faces. There was no time to waist, no time to take breaks or even slow down. Soon enough they were back in the dark oak forest. Branches thathung low ocasionally hitting them. But they didnt bother to slow down.

It felt like they were riding forever. But it was now almost midnight and the town started to come into view. Candle and lanters in house windows. A brick road started and soon the hoove beats from the horses echoed through the night. A few townpeople looked out their windows and some even stepped out their door. And soon enough the castle walls came into view. The guards immediately let y/n and Techno in. Major reared to a stop as y/n already saw Techno off his horse. She hoped off hers as a groom came and took both horses. And before she knew it Technoblade was swifly walking into the castle, leaving y/n alone.

She sighed and looked around the stables. The groom was now gone and she was now forsure completely by herself. The lanters flickered as the air shifted around her. Small particles appeared in her vision as she turned around. And there was Imbra with Aviro.

"Technoblade sent us to get you," Aviro said smiling at y/n. She just smiled back at the endermen as Imbra stuck out their long hand. Y/n looked at them skeptically but Imbra just nodded to their hand and she took it.

Y/n was expecting it to be like how her necklace teleported her. Purple particles just clouding her vision, disappearing and then she was somewhere new, her feet never leaving he ground. But thats not how the enderman teleported. It wasnt as smooth as an end crystal. It felt like her body was turning. Her vision was blurred in swirls as the terrian changed. Her feet werent touching the groud anymore. but in a matter of seconds y/ns feet were back as she looked around the all to well familiar room. Her royal bedroom. And just as fast as they came Imbra and Aviro were gone and she was alone yet again.

Y/n went to sit on her bed and she sighed. So much had happened in such little time. All she wanted was to be back at the Niki's cafe where the two would mess aorund until y/n insisted she head home. But that was all past her and she never knew if those fun nights would ever happen again. A knock at her door made the girl leave her thoughts and sit up.

Calypso stood in the door frame with a smile over her face. She walked in and closed the door, greeting y/n,"Hello y/n!"

"Hey Calypso. Do you know whats happening?" she asked as the enderman sat down next to her.

"Yeah thats what I came to talk to you about. Rumors are the Phomid Kingdom envaded the western part of Nazzulia. Our spies say they plan to advance and attack the castle in a few days. Mirfield is going to be evacuated tomorrow," Calypso said sighing at the end. Y/n tilted her head looking at her. Mirfield? Then it hit her. Of course, Mirfield was the town right outside the castle, the town she used to live in. She just never called it that, or bothered to learn the towns name.

"Niki-" y/n whispered as her voice broke. "Calypso can you send a letter to a couple friends?"

Calypso just nodded as y/n got up and rushed to find paper, a quil, and ink.

"How many?"

"Three, one to a townfolk, other two go to prisoners," y/n said as she sat down as the small table in the corner of the room.

As she wrote the letter the air vibrated around her indicated an enderman had arrived or Calypso left.

"Yes sister?" Imbras voice echoed.

"Y/n wants to send three letters so you and Aviro are also going to deliver one." Calypso spoke with confidence to her older siblings.

"You talk to us like you are older," Aviro laughed but nodded as y/n finished her first letter.

Imbra walked up to her and took the letter stuffing it safely in their pockets. "Niki."

The air shivered and Imbra was gone to deliver the letter.

Y/n finished Zeve and Tae's and handed them to Aviro and Clayspo. "Aviro to Tae," and he dissappeared, "Calypso to Zeve, and thank you."

The enderman teleported away and once again for the third time this night y/n was left alone. But this time she didnt mind it. Niki would know shes okay, so would Zeve and Tae. ANd hopefully they would be safe because war was on the way. Y/n sighed and flopped down on her bed staring up at the ceiling, letting her eyes flutter shut.

a/n:
Guys we are coming close to the end of the book. I would say at least three more chapters but thats the least. War has started. I've been listening to music while writing and it helps me so much its kinda crazy. I hope you guys are enjoying the chapters. Hope you're well!