Alpine

"I'm telling you, you're lucky you've never met that cat," Sam cautions, walking right on your heels. "It's a viscous, little-"

"Watch it," Bucky curtly warns, unlocking the door to his room. He closes the door behind you and Sam and sets his jacket on his small couch. "Alpine, where are you? I've got someone for you to meet."

You scan the room until your eyes fall onto a white cat leisurely stretching out on the window sill before hopping onto the counter in front of Bucky.

"How's my best girl?" Bucky coos, gently stroking the cat behind the ears. When he sees you smirking at him with an eyebrow slightly raised, he immediately backtracks, "After you, of course."

You shake your head, playfully scoffing, "Of course."

"Well, I hope you're ready to apologize," Sam huffs to the cat, who takes a large swipe at Sam the second he gets close to him. "You see?! Vicious!"

"Aww...it's okay," you coo to the cat, slowly moving your hand closer to the counter. "Was Sam mean to you?"

Alpine hesitantly sniffs at your hand, but doesn't back away nor does she try to scratch at you. "See? You were just defending yourself, weren't you?"

"Excuse me?" Sam scoffs.

"Nobody appreciates you. Do they?" you continue as she runs herself against your hand.

"She's a bad cat," Sam insists.

"She's nothing but a sweetheart," you say, lightly stroking her back.

"Maybe she's just a good just of character," Bucky chuckles.

"I've actually heard that before!" you add.

"Thanks for that," Sam sarcastically remarks, shaking his head at Alpine.