Meeting The Parents (Part 1)

"Hey, doll? Can I talk to you about something?"

You manage to tamp down the mildly annoyed sigh at yet another interruption from your book. You snap the book shut, haphazardly tossing it to the side, "Go for it."

"Right, well, saying it out loud sounds kind of silly but I want to start off by saying how important this is to me," Bucky vaguely begins, talking with his hands in a way he only did when he was anxious about something.

Your annoyance softens the moment you see his rambling. You reach out and grab his hand, squeezing it tightly, "If it's important to you then it's important to me."

"I should just come out and say it."

You nod, "Most definitely."

"I want you to meet my parents."

"No!" You vehemently shake your head, standing up off the couch. "No way! I love you but there is no way I'm time traveling ever again."

"What?"

"What?" you quickly repeat. Your face furrows, shaking your head, "I didn't - I've never - what were you saying?"

"When did you - you know what? I don't want to know," Bucky decides. "I meant their graves, I know where they're buried. Sometimes, I go to see them. I want you to come with me."

"Oh..." you lilt. "Then, yes! Of course, I would love that."

Bucky sighs in relief, smiling brightly, "Thanks, Doll. This really means a lot to me, you know?"

"Anything for you."

"I was planning on going first thing tomorrow, is that alright?"

"Works for me."

He smiles, standing up, but before he leaves, he turns back around, his eyebrow quirking at you, "When did you - No, nope, still don't want to know."

"That's a very good choice!" you call after him. "You definitely do not want to know!"