Flufftober: All The Hugs

You sling your small backpack over your shoulder, lightly pecking Bucky on the lips as he knits on the couch. "Alright, be back in a few hours."

"Ahem," Bucky loudly clears his throat, dropping his knitting needles. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

You think about it for a moment, patting your hand on each of your back pockets. "Phone, keys, er... I don't think so?"

He stands up off the couch with a confused, furrowed look on his face. "Are we in a fight that I don't know about?"

"No!" you guffaw. "Of course not."

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"No!"

"Okay, then what's going on?"

"Trying to figure that out myself!" you retort. "Why do you think we're in a fight?"

"Um... maybe because you were trying to leave for a mission like that!" he exclaims like it should be obvious to you.

You rack your brain about to figure out what you did so differently that Bucky thinks you're upset with him.

Normally, you'd pack your bag an hour before you had to leave. It always drove him crazy, because according to him, if you failed to plan you were planning to fail. He'd warn you that you were going to forget something vital one of these days.

After you were done packing, you'd sit with Bicky for a little, waiting until the absolute last minute you could spare without being late. Then, you'd grab all your things, bag, phone, keys, and place them by the door.

With a placating smile, you would pad over to where Bucky would always remain pouting on the couch. After a sweet, parting kiss, you'd wrap your arms around him, never wanting to leave his warm embrace.

"Like wha-" you abruptly stop. An ear to ear grin grows on your face when you finally put it all together. "Hold on, are you, James Buchanan Barnes, asking me if I'm mad at you because you didn't get a hug today?"

"Yes," he scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest with a pouting huff. "Was that not clear?"

"Aww..." you coo, extending your arms out to Bucky. "C'mere, I'll give you all the hugs."