The Jar

"I could do this all day."

"Jar!" Sam shouts, sitting beside you as you watch Steve and Peter in the middle of a training session.

"What?" Steve squawks, stepping off the training mat. "No! That's like the third time this week!"

"Well, maybe you should think about the things you say," Sam retorts.

"Jar?" Peter questions, looking to you and Sam.

"Hero jar," you explain.

"For when someone does something heroic?"

"For when we start acting like hero stereotypes, Steve," Sam pointedly remarks, gesturing to the jar in the corner of the training room. Steve grumbles something under his breath, before pulling out his wallet and trudging over to the jar, "That includes catchphrases!"

"Just for saying catchphrases?" Peter asks.

"No." You shake your head, wondering how you could explain the jar to Peter, "It's like...Like when Sam starts talking about Redwing like he's a real person. Or when James complains about Redwing. When Nat does that pose in the middle of a mission."

"Or when Mr. Stark makes a sarcastic joke when he's getting beat up?" Peter guesses.

"Exactly!"

"So what's your thing?" Peter wonders, turning to you.

"Me? Pfft.. I don't do anything like that," you scoff, dismissively waving your hand.

"Oh, please," Sam humorously snorts. "You're just as bad as everyone else."

You indignantly huff, crossing your arms, "I am not!"

"You absolutely are!" Sam turns to Peter, "Her thing is when she tries to make friends with the bad guys. Or when she goes on and on about seeing the humanity in everyone-"

"Or when she wears obscenely bright clothes on missions," Steve adds. "Do you know how hard it is to camouflage yellow?"

"Or when-"

"Alright, alright, Peter gets it!" you interject.

"Wait, so why do I never have to put money in the jar?" Peter asks the room.

Steve claps a hand on Peter's shoulder, "Oh, you do, but Tony usually does it for you."

"Sam didn't think it was fair, but Tony puts in 100's for you and we're saving it for a vacation," you explain.

"And with how often Steve has to put money in the jar, we should be there any day now," Sam teases.

A.N. I will confess, this is deeply inspired by New Girl (iykyk). In the midst of writing soul crushing angst, this scene played out in my head and I needed to be rid of it so here it is. Hope it makes you giggle like it made me giggle.