Flufftober: Blankets

"Do you guys really have to do that when I'm right here?" Sam groans, side-eyeing the both of you.

"What?" you innocently ask, not seeing anything particularly wrong with the current movie night set-up.

Sam gestures to the two of you on the other side of the couch. Your legs are thrown over Bucky's lap, your head resting on his chest as the three of you enjoy a quiet movie night.

Bucky's arms are looped around your waist as you both nuzzle as closely together as humanly possible under a blanket that was much too small for two fully grown adults, let alone both you and a super soldier.

And Sam couldn't even see Bucky's hands tracing little patterns on your upper thigh trailing all the way up to your waist.

"That!"

"We're cold!" you defend.

"So you both have to be under the same blanket?"

"Our other blanket just disappeared so we only have two blankets. And you're using the other one," you point out, gesturing to the blanket thrown over Sam's head, completely encompassing his body except for his face.

"Then get another blanket!"

"Oh, I have a solution: Leave!" Bucky sarcastically exclaims, hoping you won't listen to Sam's complaints and buy another blanket after the last one had disappeared under slightly ambiguous circumstances.

Now, you were only left with two blankets in your shared apartment. The first blanket, that was actually more of a throw, that you were both currently snuggled underneath. And the other a much larger king sized fleece that Sam always laid claim to for movie nights.

You swat Bucky's shoulder, rolling your eyes at the two of them as Sam continues complaining, "Or- Or you could buy a bigger blanket! And don't even get me started on this whole 'we' thing. It's always 'we' this, 'we' that."

"We're getting annoyed," Bucky mutters under his breath.

The secret Bucky would take to his grave was that the elusive third blanket hadn't gone missing, he knew exactly where it resided, on the back of the highest shelf in the small linen closet where you'd never be able to see it.

What could he say? He really liked sharing a blanket with you.