xx. against my better judgement ( ᴅɪᴏɴʏsᴜs )

(requested by Nyx_1864)

“Say hello to the princess of Thebes!”

“Hello to the princess of Thebes,” Dionysus said, not really taking interest in you or his surroundings.

Hermes casts you an apologetic look. You smiled awkwardly in return.

He turned to dionysus. “Listen. You messed up, and now you face consequences. Y/N is kind enough to take you in, this could’ve been so much worse if you ended up serving someone else.”

“This is ridiculous!”

“You disrupted an Olympus fete!” Hermes reasoned.

“That’s nothing! When Apollo or Poseidon got this punishment they either killed someone or join a rebellion. How come I get punished the same for getring drunk at a party?” Dionysus argued.

You shuffled on your seat uncomfortably. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you can hear your father’s voice saying that you are the master of this place and you must assert your dominance towards your guests and you mustn’t allow them to show you such disrespect. But, your guests are no regular guests, as they are gods. You don’t want to imagine what will come of you if you were to put yourself between annoyed, arguing gods.

You finally gained the confidence to do something and cleared your throat. The two gods stopped bickering and faced you.

“Our apologies Princess Y/N. I will understand if you wouldn’t want to take Dionysus anymore,” Hermes said, glaring at his brother. “He doesn’t deserve your kindness anyway.”

You smiled. “It’s fine. There is a place in this palace for everyone. Now if you are finished discussing amongst yourselves, we’d gladly lead our guest to his quarters,” you said, mustering your most confident and assertive voice.

“Thank you for your hospitality. I hope my brother wouldn’t cause as much trouble. In fact, if he has manners he would’ve thanked you too as it was the proper custom,” Hermes said passive-aggressively.

Dionysus just scoffed.

Hermed stuggled to force as smile as you notice his jaw twitched. Still he turned to you with a bright smile, thanked you once again, bowed, and threw Dionysus one more glare before walking away.

You turned to the banished god standing, uninterested in your throne room. You do not know if it was his godly aura or if he really looks young. He has a porcelain skin and rosy cheeks, his face almost feminine yet handsome at the same time. His black hair falls in coils above his eyes that are as dark as plum. He has a lean and delicate physique and his tunic falls gracefully on his body, hugging the curves and muscles that are there. You have only started hearing about Dionysus recently, so his appearance would make sense as he’s still a young god. Unfortunately since words of him hasn’t spread that well yet and his followers are still countable, you do not know of his story. You do know that he took Hestia’s seat when he joined the Olympian council.

You smiled. “So? Welcome!” you said, trying to appear enthusiastic. Dionysus rolled his eyes, slacked his shoulders, and sluggishly walked towards you. One of the kingsmen put his hand to the hilt of his sword and gave you a look like: ‘should I?’ but you gave him a reassuring smile.

The very same kingsman stepped forward. “I shall take you to your quarters.”

Dionysus came with him without regarding you. The kingsman shot you another look that says: ‘I could kill him now if you want’ and you shook your head disapprovingly.

The next day, you woke up to Dionysus at the foot of your bed. He wore an armor just like the kingsmen now, yet still he wore his nonchalant expression.