ᴠ | double date ﹙ᴘᴏsᴇɪᴅᴏɴ﹚

“Hey, Y/N, I have a date with my boyfriend today, but his brother’s with him. Do you mind joining us and entertain him a little bit so he wouldn’t feel out of place?”

You groaned and flipped over your bed, not really paying attention to what your roommate had said. You were up late studying last night, and your brain was squeezed from the quiz earlier; you deserved this sleep. And yet, here’s your best friend, waking you up.

But then you finally processed what she had said. . . .

You jolted up in rage. “What the fuck did you just tell me?”

“Well, see, Zeus and I have a date,” your roommate Nur said, leaning against your doorframe. “But he told his brother he’ll show him around here. See, his brother came from really far. He couldn’t leave him at home because he promised to take him out so I agreed to bring him.”

You glared daggers at her, which probably would look intimidating if you didn’t look like you just woke up with a bird’s nest up in your head. “What does that have to do with me?”

“Well, you’re free anyway, right?”

“I AM NOT!” you bellowed. “I HAVE A (TV show) MARATHON TONIGHT!”

“But-”

“YOU AGREED, SO YOU DEAL WITH HIM!”

“But Zeus will pay for everything you get,” Nur said.

Fortunately, that was enough to get you to go.

You got prepared sluggishly. You didn’t normally care about what you look like, but you feel ashamed when Nur’s boyfriend, Zeus, is around. He’s like, a multi-billionaire with a fancy suit and everything he does is fancy. You and Nur don’t normally clean the house but whenever Zeus is coming over, the both of you didn’t hesitate to clean right away-or putting all the mess under the couch, in other words.

You just couldn’t help but feel embarrassed every time Nur’s rich-ass boyfriend is around. Zeus hates not buying Nur things even if she insisted, so he has to buy stuff for you too just so Nur will let him buy her stuff. Nur declines on everything he gets her, but whenever Zeus pulls the “it’s for the apartment” or “I’m sure Y/N would like this” card, Nur couldn’t object. Nur only agrees to go shopping with him when you go too, that’s why Zeus always has you around. You always tell him that he doesn’t have to pay for you (except for food because you wouldn’t say no to free food) but he always pleads with you to just take it because Nur wouldn’t let him buy her things. That man is compulsive as heck.

You sluggishly combed your hair, putting on a cropped graphic tee and flared jeans. You didn’t bother dressing up. And besides, you’re just third wheeling (or fourth wheeling?), so what if you’re just wearing a shirt, jeans, and your Docs over your rainbow socks?

When you come out of your room, Zeus and a tan muscular guy, who you assume is Zeus’s brother, is already in your tiny living room. Zeus is wearing a suit, as usual-but the man beside him is. . . interesting. He somehow managed to make a Hawaiian shirt look classy, with sunglasses hanging on his plain white tank top underneath his shirt. He’s just wearing khaki shorts and a pair of Nike slides, like he doesn’t really care about what he wears, and still manages to look good. He was flashing his dazzling white smile underneath his beard. Bearded man isn’t really your type but. . . this dude is hot.

Zeus smiled widely at you as if saying “Oh thank goodness, you’re a lifesaver!” and the other man just stared at you awkwardly.

“Y/N!” Zeus stood up. “I’m glad you agreed. I was worried that if it’s just the three of us, my brother will be out of place.”

“I guess he hasn’t mastered the art of third wheeling the way that I do,” you said, glancing at the other man, regarding him.

“I doubt anyone can beat your third wheeling skills,” said Zeus.

“Well,” you turned to the other man, “I’m Y/N. I could share all my third wheeling wisdom with you.” You winked.

“We don’t have to be third wheels though,” he said, shaking your hand and grinning. “Poseidon.”

“Woah, your mom must like Greek mythology so much, don’t she?” you commented.

The two shared looks.

But then Zeus’s eyes focused behind you, and a smile formed on his face.

“Hey,” Nur said as she walked towards her boyfriend.

“Hey babe,” Zeus said, greeting her with a kiss.

You rolled your eyes. “You better get used to that,” you said to Poseidon.

“I’ve painfully had too much of it,” he sighed, like he’d seen his brother like this for thousands of women before.

You gave him a weird look. You turned to the couple. “Oh. . . kay, so, what now?”

“Let’s go!” Nur said, clinging to her boyfriend’s arm and they both walked out the apartment.

Poseidon hesitated for a second. He walked towards you like he wanted to offer his arm too, but decided against it midway. The both of you followed the couple awkwardly.

The two of you crashed on the backseat, keeping a safe distance between you. The lovers are having a conversation in the front, and you and Poseidon sit silently on the back, sharing awkward glances.

“So, Y/N,” Poseidon said, breaking the ice. “You also in university?”

“Uh-huh, (university course),” you answered plainly. “You?”

“Well, uh—” he scratched his head, like he had a hard time answering the question.

“Let me guess, you didn’t have to go to uni because you’re already rich,” you said.

“Sort-of,” he said. “What do you do then? In your free time?”

“Well, I was supposed to watch (TV show) before Nur dragged me to go.”

“Oh,” he said, looking down guiltily.

“I like (hobby),” you said, trying to stop him from feeling bad.

“I like that too.” He smiled. “What do you think of the sea?”

You frowned. “Naturally, I like it, but with the schoolworks and classes, I rarely got the time to go out of the apartment, much less out of town.”

“I love the sea,” he said dreamily, his green eyes sparkling. “It has been my home for as long as I can remember.”

You eyed him. “Are you role-playing Poseidon right now? You could’ve informed me because I am Aphrodite.”

“Nah, you’re more beautiful.”

He said it so sincerely that you almost believed that he really had seen the goddess in person.

“Nice one, dude,” you said, rolling your eyes.

Poseidon and Zeus shared a look through the rear-view mirror.

The car stopped and the four of you hopped off.

“Le Jules Verne?” you mumbled. “Isn’t that in France?”

“Yeah. It was I who suggested it,” Poseidon said, gripping your arm.

“But how? We were in—”

“Let’s go?” Poseidon pulled you in. Zeus and Nur are already at the door.

You wanted to protest and ask a million questions. Why are you in France? How did you get to France? How did you get to France in a car? How did you get to France in a short amount of time? Why is Poseidon so hot?

You carefully studied everyone around you, and you suddenly felt ashamed. You want to go back to your room and change into something more formal.

You struggled at Poseidon’s grip and stopped dead in your tracks. “I can’t go there!”

He looked around, trying to find what caused you this reaction. “Why?”

“Look what I’m wearing!” you said, stomping your feet.

“So?” He gestured towards his own clothes. You forgot that he’s just wearing a shirt, shorts, and Nike slides.

“It’s embarrassing. . . . “ you frowned, wrapping your own arms around you.

“Well. . . “ he hesitated, “so what? I think you look great.”

You rolled your eyes. “Yeah right.”

You made your way up to the entrance, Poseidon chuckling and trailing behind you.

The restaurant is even fancy on the inside. The people inside are fancy too, none of them are wearing street clothes. You felt like you wanna crawl in a hole.

You’ve never been in this kind of place before, normally you prefer simple things over elegant stuff. You don’t mind going on a fast-food on a date, as long as you’re with the right person, it will be significant.

You spotted Nur and Zeus in the corner on a table for two. You walked towards them and frowned. “I don’t suppose standing here and watching you is your definition of third wheeling.”

“Silly, we’re supposed to sit here.”

You almost jumped in surprise, if Poseidon didn’t hold you in the arm. You didn’t feel his presence behind you, it’s almost like he appeared out of thin air.

Of course not, dummy, you scolded yourself. No one can appear out of nowhere.

Nur laughed and Zeus chuckled.

“Come,” Poseidon gripped your elbow and led you to the nearest table.

He pulled your chair and assisted you. You can do well without it, but you appreciate the gesture. Poseidon claimed the seat in front of you.

Seeing him felt weird. It’s just that the Hawaiian shirt didn’t match up with the orange glow of candlelight. But somehow seeing him with his bright smile in front of you with a set table separating the two of you made you smile. It’s almost like you have a date of your own.

Y/N cut it out! you hissed to yourself.

A moment later a waiter walked to your table to take your order.

Poseidon ordered something probably in French you couldn’t understand. A part of you wanted to yell “French fries!” because that’s the only French food you know and can afford, but you didn’t wanna look stupid. When the waiter turned to you, you told him you’ll just take whatever Poseidon ordered.

When you glanced at Poseidon he’s smiling at you, his arms on the table. His sea-green eyes glistened in the candlelight.

“I’m glad you agreed. To accompany me, I mean,” he said, smiling brightly.

You scowled. “I thought you tag along because Zeus promised to show you around (city). Now we’re in freaking France.”

“We’re not in France,” he said, chuckling.

“Then explain why we’re surrounded by French people!” you said, spreading your arms.

“Then explain how we got to France and crossed oceans in a car.”

“I don’t know, Poseidon. Maybe you used your godly powers. Isn’t the ocean your domain?” you said sarcastically.

He laughed, tiny lines forming at the edge of his eyes as he did so. “You’re actually correct.”

You rolled your eyes. “Still role-playing, are we?”

“You wanna test my marine knowledge?” he asked, pushing his chair closer to the table.

“Let’s see.”

Just then the waiter came with your orders. You and Poseidon munched on your food, trying to look as formal as two people in Hawaiian shirt and baby tee can be. As you eat, Poseidon tells you random facts about the ocean, and you can’t help but to be impressed by all the things he knows. He bragged about his knowledge about the ocean, but he sounded humble doing so. You can almost believe he’s Poseidon, the Greek god himself. . . .

“Alright, ocean man,” you said, waving your fork at him, “you said you knew everything about the ocean.”

“Yes!” he said proudly.

“Then where’s Atlantis?” you asked. “What’s in the Bermuda Triangle? Is Amelia Earhart’s plane at the bottom of the ocean now? Is there—”

“Actually—”

“Oi, you two!” Zeus called. “You done?”

Poseidon dabbed his mouth with the napkin and stood from his seat. “Yeah,” he said.

You and Poseidon walked side by side as you followed Zeus to his car. You felt a weird warmth in your chest as you recall your conversation with Poseidon inside. Somehow skipping your (TV show) marathon has been worth it.

You reached Zeus’s car and hopped in inside at the backseat next to Poseidon. You sat next to him without the awkward atmosphere you had earlier and you can’t help but to grin.

You felt Poseidon inch closer to you and whispered in your ear.

“If you want, we can go out again. Just us alone, without those idiots,” he said.

“I heard that,” Zeus called from the driver’s seat.

* * *

poor nur. i mean poor me 〒▽〒 if you haven’t noticed yet, i am nur! i put myself in here as your friend (or others, depends on the role) because usually, when i read x reader imagines, they put f/n (friend’s name) in it, and it’s really weird for me because i have no friend lol

edit 2 (apr 2023): if ur reading this a second time u will notice some slight changes. 2019 me leaned in to the classic y/n trope of t-shirt and sweatpants and it is making me cringe. i dont care about being authentic anymore y/n needs to do better so i gave her a gen-z makeover ur welcome ;)