Chapter Twelve

Jessasmyn's pov

After our university lectures were finished, we went shopping together to purchase more figure-skating clothes since some of them remind me of my accident so here we were walking into different shops until we found the last store that we went to rather an interesting one and then we overheard a salesperson who was a woman talking to her co-workers about taking some clothes of what we might possibly be looking for in the back of the storage room.

However, Asher walks straight up to the saleswoman to talk to her and explained our problems about how we had done last-minute shopping because we kept on arguing who had the best fashion sense in clothes, he  chose the three out of five options for the figure skating outfit, in the meantime, I went into the fitting room to try them all on occasionally showing him them to get his opinions on the outfit taking his job very seriously as he was rating them off one by one.

"Keep the last two but ditched the other ones," he said with conviction in his voice.

The midnight blue and the golden backless ones then we walked to the checkout point and waited in line with him until he saw some accessories to add to my cart basket not to mention he brought me new skates even though he got himself a pair of clothes to mine shortly after he paid for them no matter how hard I refuse for him to pay for them, eventually, we walked out to the shops to take off to get some food to eat during our halt from shopping because I sometimes skipped breakfast which actually had happened today then I got a post on the university students' web blog post about me spending time with the university's biggest hotshot hockey captain and wide receiver Asher Beckett.

There was this famous saying that my mom used to say that you can run away from the limelight but you could have never stayed hidden from it because once the golden light hits you. It leaves a stray trail of gold glitter behind you wherever you go nonetheless, I must face it head-on and stride in on with my head held high in order to become more at peace with myself growing stronger each and every day.

"Let me pay you back-"

He interrupted me "Oh, Erick has a strong feminist on his hand but I personally prefer a strong beautiful girl like you." he paused to open up the restaurant entrance door for me. "Even though the person who invited you out is supposed to pay for everything."

Unfortunately, we both bump into Erick's football teammates walking through the entrance as they silently acknowledge me and then walk out of the way. Immediately after I felt his fingers interlaced with mine which I didn't do anything about it because I was wondering if it would be too cold to consider getting ice cream in this freezing weather especially when ice cream sort of soothed my nerves including my overthinking habits and then I let go of his hand to pay for my ice cream as well as pick it up to eat.

I  could feel his gaze on me the entire time I was eating my ice cream as I slightly looked up to match his eyes on me for a millisecond and then I asked him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"I saw his lips titled up in a small smile and I could definitely tell that he knew what he was doing so I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly thinking maybe this went on for like a minute or two before I chose to speak up again "what do I have ice cream on my face?"

And then he said "I had never heard or even seen of one person who had eaten ice cream in the cold before I met you." He brings his Coca Cola can up to his lips to drink some of it. Next he laughs and then says "I think it's originally adorable and interesting about you."

We exited the restaurant to go find him two of the same matching clothes except this time it was for men's wear section  and Afterwards we just paid for the clothes we talked about what was really bothering me, played some games in the arcade and then went home in his car with carrying all the bags to his truck trunk. Our journey toward the ice rink was playing this one song by Dove Cameron called If Only it made me ask this one question inside my head as to if I could ever make it to the national top six in a competition when my brain started to hurt from all this constant worrying tapping me.

"Do you want to know what? Nobody else has ever asked me about what my true story is, you know."I complained to him too deep in thought, tirelessly.

I really didn't think he would actually answer my question regarding my life story or how I truly feel since everyone else is assuming all types of stuff about me and making up these ridiculous rumours that were fibs for no reason as to why they were all thinking it so I decided to open up to him a little more by explaining to him what the real story behind my scars.
Right now we were skating on the ice rink and having fun until after there was a memory of my accident occurs when I injured my head which means that we had to take a break for five minutes as he continues to grow suspicious of why I wasn't happy at this moment then he sat there to listening to me rant for a long time.

"What is your story then? I want to know it all, the good and bad parts that make you, you?" he questioned me with intrigued sparks in his eyes and a half small smile.

After an hour or so I finished talking about my scar and accident, then suddenly he asked me "do you mind if I - I may have a look at it?"he waited for approval from me to touch or look at the scar as he never had shown a look of disgust or horror on his face nonetheless, I watched him frown for a moment before he whispered silently in my ears to me. "You have nothing to be ashamed of because you're strikingly beautiful in and out. Your scars leave a mark behind to tell a battle mark story."

A battle scar means that an accident or something else might cause your scars even if they were invisible for the world to see or not. It marks an unexpected event and sad times in someone else that the said person may not or may be traumatized by their accident. Each person has their own personal experience and stories to tell if they want too.

"So, you know what happened to me but I don't know your story." I told him.

On campus I had heard about how famous his father was being the elite athlete in his field hockey career Jason Beckett so i could imagine the amount of attention Asher would receive from all the fans who loved watched hockey as I listened to his story thinking about all those heavy weights on his shoulders when we started practicing our figures skating. Everything feels so good whenever we were hanging out with each others it made me smile but then again my phone began ringing putting a short halt during in our practice.

"We deserve better than this, don't we?" he high five me after we got a part right in our routine and then added "I don't know if you have heard but there is a huge party at the hockey house." he breathed and then later looked back at me with a shrug to ask "do you want to come with me? Unless Erick had already asked you."

Afterwards, we walked back towards the car park talking about who was more powerful the black widow or the venom as he has driven me off to my campus apartment accidentally avoiding this question about Erick because he was at home away due to a football match and I had a feeling that he was talking to a few girls too.

"Unfortunately, I saw a girl named Ava or something like that wearing his football jersey as well as he and I weren't going anywhere."

Slowly parking outside of the campus building, walking me to my one as he holds all my bags claiming that hockey players were stronger than footballers waiting for me to get out my key to open the door. Then he gave me a hug when we keep on speaking about party tricks including making each other laugh so much.

Every single item was on the kitchen table and he  assisted me a lot in putting stuff in the fridge to keep me company before leaving me standing in my room watching horror movies on my laptop as we did an exchange him giving me a list of horror movies to watch whereas I gave him a list of actions and romantic comedy movies in return until he has to go somewhere else.