Chapter twenty

Jessamyn pov

After a entire week of binge watching movies or reading books. I was so ready to get back out of there to celebrate my news that I was healthy enough and mentally strong to entered the contest putting on my ice skating shoes on skating the pain away as I had been working myself too hard to win this competition as Rochelle promised to do all the easy part of my skating routine with me to helped me practiced more so every single day. I listened to Coldplay Album X&Y during the rehearsals their song called The Hardest part really started to resonated with me not letting go of my dreams career as a figure skater knowing that I wasn't done healing yet, here I was literally doing one of the hardest part moving on learning to letting go to evolved into a butterfly no longer being that scared cocoon this mean that I was ready to attempted the triple jumped on ice. I silently send a quick prayer to the heaven above wanting to prove to myself that I could do it taking a mental countdown one, two, three-.

"Alright, everyone it's a wrap and Jessasmyn can i talk to you." yelled my skating coach Helena.

High-fiving Rochelle and Charlie then I skated off to my figure skater coach who watched my weak attempted at the triple jump advising me to straighten my posture as I took a sip out my water bottle afterwards, I continued to listened her since I change my coach at the last minute was trying to instruct me especially when any hope of pair partnering went up into shreds while i noticed the look of disappointment in my coach's face not to mention i had given up drinking apple, champagne , whiskey or any other drinks that happen to be the color of amber that remind me of the same color of his eyes at least i would just say to other people that i was on a drinking detox.

The old me wanted to hide away from all of my problems while the new me fought and wasn't afraid anymore. Right now i walked into the audience seated area on the bottom row when i looked at the new latest cafe called the Rockie cafe would be the new place that i would often visited then i snapped out of my thoughts upon hearing what my coach had to say to me reminding that first competition was literally just weeks away so i should be able to impress the judge by attempting the jump instead of popping it or if i should just changed all my routine.

"I know that i keep popping it but please don't change it-"

My coach interrupted me by shaking head and said "you won't have to change it unless you get out of your own head for a moment to realize what you're fully capable of, Jessasmyn." she frowned before she continued to say. "I'm going to give you homework to work on your posture, your jump and to let yourself breathe ok."

Slowly I nodded my head and let out a sad sigh as I pulled off my skates putting on my shoes walking toward the locker room to take my bag out of my locker along with my friends who had followed me here. Once i open my locker my phone kept on ringing like non-stop as i looked at the caller ID hoping it wasn't him who was calling my phone not wanting to feels my heart get crushed even though i wasn't prepared for it whereas everyone else in this room kept on looking at me except for Roch, Natiala, Avena and Charlie that instantly rushed by my side to give me a hug however, not a single soul knows the fullest extent of the break-up story, lately i had been feeling numb waiting for this painstakingly heartbreak to begin to fade away eventually, i slammed my locker shut walking off with my friends not wanting to bumped into him here.

A tango ice blast slushie with some M&Ms were calling my name upstairs in the cafe as soon as i entered the cafe i bought some M&Ms refusing to eat the red ones while i ate the rest of the other colors and then they were talking amongst themselves worrying about me in the meantime, Mason walk by alongside with Wyatt stop at the table to give me a hug. "Hey, J, are you basically discriminating against that M&ms color?"

Wyatt sadly smiles a sympathetic smile at me "I hope you know that the color red is one of the best colors of the rainbow too." he quipped to me while staring at Avena.

Skittles and M&Ms were fairly different as a M&Ms fan, i could be able to tell the difference between the two of them even their slogan including the logo was a entirely opposite furthermore, M&Ms had three different flavors of chocolate: peanuts, crispy and just chocolate in compared to skittles that was made out of chocolate like M&Ms but i understand that he was trying to make me laughed which kinda work for a split second. I still feel like everyone else was walking around eggshells around me like I was some heart broken puppy that I just wanted to be treated as normal.

"Yes, Wyatt?" asked Avena.

Red was Wyatt nicknamed for Avena so as soon he say the color red her head quickly whipped up facing him which was the most cute out of the movie type of things that happened right in front of my eyes. And yet i continued sipping on my tango ice blast slushie, through a straw trying to get out of my head for a minute reflecting on my practices performance in my mind i kept on reminding myself who i was not wanting to spin out of control.

"Hey, can I talk to you quietly for a moment?" asked Rochelle urgently.

We walked to the restrooms to have a talk in private as she whipped out her phone showing me a picture of an much more younger version of myself. I think that i was eight year old in the picture,  she sending it to my phone as i swiped the open choice on my iphone was when i finally got a chance to take a glimpse of an eight year old me standing next to the other competitors athletes there smiling up at the camera wearing my gold medal in first place. I wish there could be a time machine so that I could go back in time to when I was a very happy little girl having fun at doing what she loves to do the best, which was figure skating around the rink in my pretty outfits and skates.

"Did my mum send you this picture? Did you really go through all this effort to remind me of something?" I questioned Rochelle.

Eight minutes of staring at this picture had taken me back to the much more simpler times for me when i thought having a boyfriend mean that it was a boy who was my friend other than dating boys or having their dads threatened me claiming that i was the reason why their hockey player son had gotten injured for distracting them. If only I could talk to a younger version of myself to tell her it would all get better and support her throughout everything to give her a huge dose of confidence and a small guidance feeling like I was lost without a plan.

I started to become a more determined little girl again who wasn't going to let whoever or whatever get in the way of my goals not even a broken heart could ever stop me from accomplishing something that was so great in my life.

As I actually acknowledge the fact that even if my eyes closed I could skate my way out of this blue feeling to work on myself to make my parents, sister Lacey, coach and friends proud of me. Never letting this determination or motivation ever slip away from underneath my grasp of my hands fighting to make it to the end of the finish line because in life everything was a competition in sports.

"Yep, I did message your mum but the only reason I did that was to get the little girl back who deserves more than a broken heart and dashed dreams." Rochelle reminded me with a hopeful smile.

"You're right and thank you for reminding me." I said, wiping away my tears with a tissue.

Instantly, I felt the effect of drinking a whole large cup of tango ice blast slushie in one go quickly rushing into an empty stool -room in the toilet, never regretting the slushie and when i came out of the toilet to wash my hands then dried them with a paper towel. Whilst they begin to play Hold Back The River by James Bay as we kept looking at each other until one of us started singing not much longer. I joined in with Roch having nothing but absolutely good vibes at this moment. Shortly after we danced in the bathroom to the song in the backgrounds it was our own mini dance party additionally, the burst of energy was so contagious letting all the sadness go out of me. We couldn't stop giggling at how much fun we were having right now as a massive smile was on my face enjoying this time being there for each other as best friends.

Roch's boyfriend drove us back to our campus accommodations building parking at the nearest park spot and we continued our dance party in the kitchen having pizza night at our place to make our own pizzas including doing our spa day all into one.