How I Met Him. Chapter 1

"Mandisa!!" Her mother screams.

It was 05:10am,she already had a tea with her and watching the morning news. Mandisa wakes up and prepares for work.

A cold day it was,The heater was perfectly placed next to her and a blanket while she took a bath and dressed in her jeans and coat and boots.

She also had braids,but covered them with her winter hat and gloves. She returns to the sitting area where her mom was.

"Morning." Mam'Nhlumayo said,seeing her daughter all warmed up.

"Hey.." Mandisa said rushing to get her bags and lunch.

"Ulale kahle?" Mam'Nhlumayo asked.

"Yeah..wena?" Mandisa said..packing all of her stuff.

"Not really,izinto ezigijima lana ebsuku ay.." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"Well..ngzochela after work with salt and intelezi. And cela ungiMix.ela yona tu." Mandisa said.

"Yazi kade kufone uThola lana..angmazi ukuthi uthini. Ngabafakela uR2,500 phela benoSis'wakhe." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"For?" Mandisa asked.

"Ey mntanami,phela nabo bayasiza futhi sisaxhumana noma singasho ukuthi bangikhonze ibhadi." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"So ubaba eshona..bak'phatha kahle?" Mandisa asked.

"Ya shame..bang'phatha kahle nomawakhona nje..ngashada emndenini olungile ingakho nje ngingeke ng'phinde ng'shade." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"Atleast." Mandisa said.

"Manje uhamba kubanda kanje?" Mam'Nhlumayo asked,sipping tea.

"hawu mah,yes i have to go. Kids aren't going to teach themselves." Mandisa said and smiled at the end.

"Imake..your blankets,abekho." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"Oh yeah,bakeClass.ini. Sometimes it keeps the kids warm so.." Mandisa said,getting a cookie.

"Abazali abalidli yini izambane likampondo?" Mam'Nhlumayo asked.

"Some do,some don't. It's a private school but..not everyone can afford to pay. Angithi nawe you took me to University of Capetown but i still have outstanding fees which is the one I'm paying rn." Mandisa said.

She takes her seat and waits for her time to go. It was too early 6:09am,she leaves at 06:20am.

"I know. Ubam'dala manje yabo?" Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"25 is not old Mah,ngisemncane kabi." Mandisa said.

"Mina ngaphuma ekhaya ngina20,i had to do everything by myself and wena usana 25 kodwa usakwam?" Mam'Nhlumayo asked.

"It's not like you want me to leave or usufuna ukuba neBoyfriend?" Mandisa asked.

"No. But personal space maybe yabo?. Angik'xoshi,this is your home but see the world." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

"Well i am seeing the world,i work right?i pay some bills around here and i make sure you're always looking good and smelling good." Mandisa said and raises her eyebrow.

"Ukube nendoda Mandisa?angikaze ngikuzwe ukhuluma ngabafana mntanam. UGay?" Mam'Nhlumayo asked.

"Ah..nakhoke. Usuyang'xosha." Mandisa said,taking her stuff and kissing her mom on the cheek goodbye.

"Uhambe kahle mntanam." Mam'Nhlumayo said.

Mandisa left for work,she's a grade 3 teacher and only the best in the school. Has about 20 students,10 girls and 10 boys. She arrives by 06:59am and walks to the school.