How I Met Him. Chapter 14

It was a Monday morning,Mandisa and Lethu prep to take her mother to the hospital so that she can start her treatment.

"Lethu just get ready with uAunty,I will clean. Don't worry." Mandisa said.

"Oh alright" Lethu said.

She preps her mother,and herself. Mandisa cleaned after them and also helped make breakfast for Noma. After doing all that,they left while she had to clean up and also leave for work.

She locks the house and finds Mfundo's car parked outside. Walking slowly towards the gate and locking it,he stops her before walking any further.

"Sthandwa sami." Mfundo said.

She stopped sighed and turned around,tired.

"Can I drop you at work?" He asked.

"Don't worry, l'll take taxis." She said.

"Please." He begged and opened the front seat.

She walked to the car and got inside,Vusi was at the back...asleep. Mandisa looks at him then looks at Mfundo.

"Kade behambile benoCelisiwe and came back really late." Mfundo explained.

"Mmmmmm" She said.

"Ang'thandi ukuk'xina but have you thought about us getting back together?" Mfundo asked.

"I'm...(Clears throat)yeah and I still need more time." Mandisa said.

"Understood. Friday night?what are your plans?" He asked.

"I don't know,probably at home." Mandisa said.

"Allow me to take you out on a date,Friday night at 19:00pm." He smiled.

"I don't want to agree as yet because it might happen ukuthi uAunty will be hospitalized and maybe I need to take care of her while uLethu takes a breather and rests." Mandisa said.

"Alright, and please unblock me." He begged.

"l'll think about it." She smiled.

"I still have to marry uCelisiwe." Mfundo said.

"It's not like my opinion will change the whole situation so...I don't care." Mandisa said.

"Ngyaxolisa" He apologized

It was 06:50am,Mandisa gently wakes Vusi up and with his excitement to see Mandisa after for such a very long time until he saw his bestfriends and ran up to them leaving Mfundo and Mandisa standing next to the car.

"Please,don't forget to unblock me." He held her hand and kissed it.

"I said l'll think about it. Uhambe kahle" She said.

He returned it with a kiss on air,first watched her get in like the old times and drove to work.

The day has officially started. Mandisa was already in class teaching,Lethu on the other ward at the doctor's room holding her mother's hand when the test results again came.

"Good morning ma'am. How are you doing today?" The doctor asked.

She just stared into one space,completely shut.

"Ever since you told us about the results,she hasn't taken that very well." Lethu said.

"I gave myself some crucial time to carefully examine the results, and unfortunately, she has bone cancer. This explains why her legs cannot heal,it's internal, and l'll have to keep her here so that she can start the treatment." The doctor said.

"How long will she stay?" Lethu asked.

"I don't know, but it can take up to 3 to 6 months." He said.

"Will she live to for longer years?" Lethu asked.