Chapter Eleven | Let's Dance

"You're an asshole." Bea scoffed.

"And you're drunk, you don't even like that guy." Minho said, he was speaking strangely and it didn't make any sense to the girl, she didn't need to like Ho-seok, they were at a party, they were just dancing and having a good time. Why was Minho treating it like she was signing her freedom away.

"I'm buzzed, and it's a party, you're supposed to enjoy yourself." Bea replied, she crossed her arms and looked to the side. "If you'll excuse me, I'd like to dance." 

Bea pushed past the boy and headed back to the dance floor, she'd spotted Ho-seok, but now he seemed to be avoiding her, did he fear Minho that much? Or was he simply trying to stay out of trouble with his cousin, maybe it was a mix of the two.

"Bea." Minho said, he'd grabbed a hold of her hand and moved closer to her.

"What are you-." 

Minho shushed the girl and just smiled.

"We're just dancing." He said, Bea looked up at him and nodded, yeah, they were just dancing. It was nowhere near as intimate as the way she and Ho-seok danced, but that was fine. She didn't want that with Minho, or did she? What did she want? 

Why was she so dazed all of a sudden, she knew she was buzzed, but maybe she was dehydrated as well causing less oxygen tk enter her bloodstream. Bea grabbed her canteen of rum and took another swig, before Minho snatched it away from her.

"You naught little-." He began, though now Bea had wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

"This is what you wanted." She whispered, she laughed to herself and began to play with Minho's hair, she wasn't really aware of her surroundings anymore, she wasn't even sure who she was holding onto.

"You're a mess when you're drunk." Minho said, he took a swig of the rum and held onto Bea's waist, there wasn't a slow song playing, and yet to them it felt so calm. 

Although they were both intoxicated, one more than the other, for a moment, all of it felt real. All of it was real. 

"I've got to go, wait for me." Minho said, he'd spotted a fellow student trying to hand out alcohol to someone. Bea sighed and headed to another bar, she needed s lot of water. 

...

Twenty minutes past and Bea was unable to reunite with Minho, she wasn't sure what had just happened, or why she'd done it, but for some reason she wasn't mad about it.

She wasn't so dazed anymore and she could feel the fuzziness in her head start to melt away with the more water she drank. Bea then headed back to Minho.

"I'm back." She said, both mentally and physically.

"Yes you are." Minho smirked, a song came on and immediately both of their faces lit up. 

"I love this song." Bea smirked, she grabbed Minho's hands and began to sway to the beat of the music. They actually looked good together, they looked like an actual couple, though of course outside of this place they'd go back to their usual hateful selves.

It didn't have to be like that, but the two of them were too stubborn for their own good.

Minho's face crept closer to Bea's, he didn't have to lean down as much because she was well above his shoulder, it felt almost easier to kiss her since her face was much closer to his than say Mizu or other girls.

Then it happened, at the best part of the song.

Bea pressed her lips against Minho's, it was somehow more perfect than she was expecting. She sort of just laughed afterwards, she felt embarrassed because she believed she'd done something wrong, though the kiss only lasted a few seconds.