Chapter 35: Lust Land.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

After I win the race against Kai Saunders, Diego, Blair, Olivia and myself head back to Diego's house. Diego's mum is never home and even when she is home, she barely notices what her son is up to, she's one of those cool mums who will give you love advise while sharing a cigarette.

I wonder how life would be like if she were my mum.

Dead. I'd be dead.

Blair and Diego are arguing about god knows what in the kitchen, Olivia is dozing off next to me while I'm playing mortal Kombat by myself.

"Jace?" Olivia lazily calls beside me.

"Yes?" I keep pressing the controller, eyes glued to the screen.

"Do you think we'll ever argue like that again?" She asks, which makes me tense a little.

"No, not like that, we'll argue but not like that." I answer.

"Promise?" She shifts, a chuckle rambles in my chest and I turn my head to glance at her.

"Yes, Liv, I promise." I show her a reassuring smile, "Why are they arguing anyway?" I shift my attention back to the game.

"Diego flirted with someone at the race, it looked like they were about to kiss or something." She whispers for some reason.

"He probably just wanted to make Blair jealous." I defend.

"Men." She huffs, I look at her over my shoulder with a smile.

I wanna debate against that men comment but that smirk tells me that's exactly what she wants.

She's cute when she's trying to get on my nerves.

"You wanna play?" I nudge her knee with mine.

"No, I don't like video games." She scowls her face at the game, suddenly I'm reminded of Cass and how she beat my ass at every video game we played at her house.

It's been a week since she walked out of Olivia's house and we agreed to stay away from each other. We've managed to do just that but sometimes I find myself feeling tempted to shoot her a text and ask how she's doing or wave at her in the hallways or the classes we share but she shuts me down by walking away or looking elsewhere.

"Hey!" Olivia snaps her fingers infront of my eyes and I blink twice, refocusing my eyes on her face, "Where'd you go?"

"I-" I'm cut off by a loud crashing noise coming from the kitchen, like glass hitting surface.

"Are they throwing stuff at each other?" Olivia giggles, I sigh as Blair trudges out of the kitchen, heading towards the door.

"You're overreacting, Blair, I didn't even touch that girl." Diego follows behind her like a lost puppy.

"You didn't have to touch her for my eyes to see that you wanted to fuck her." She says in an obvious tone.

"We were just talking!" He shouts.

"Talking and smiling and looking at her like she was hot." She turns around to look at him.

"She was not hot." Olivia adds beside me, they both look our way.

"Exactly." Blair points at Olivia in appreciation.

"Okay so what? You wanna break up with me because I had a conversation with someone?" He asks her.

"I mean.... how would you feel if I.... did that with Jace?" She stutters, clearly not knowing what she wants.

"Nothing, Jace is my friend, he'd never cross that line and neither would I." He says truthfully, I nod my head in agreement.