Chapter 33: Awkward Situations.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV .

We left Cass's car with Tyler since she and I are too drunk to drive and Olivia and Diego did not want to drive it.

I'm riding with Cass in the back of Diego's car because she's really out of it and is soundly asleep with her head resting on my shoulder.

I keep meeting Olivia's gaze in the rearview, she hates Cass, she doesn't want Cass anywhere near me, I know that much and after tonight, I'll grant her that wish.

I glance down at Cass's head resting on my shoulder, remembering what Tyler said about everyone in her life betraying her. I didn't want to be one of those people, I really wanted our friendship to work out but life just had to swoop in.

Diego brings the car to a stop in his driveway, behind his mom's car.

"I thought you said she was out tonight." I stare at the car ahead.

"Yeah, I guess she changed plans." He responds, his tone coming out a little bitter.

I ignore that.

"Okay, she'll be cool with it, right?" I ask, he looks back at Cass and myself, so does Olivia.

"If it were any other person, yes, but it's her." He emphasizes, scowling at Cass.

"What?" I snap my brows together.

"My mom is a Richardson hater." He informs, turning his face to Olivia.

"She doesn't know who Cass-"

"Oh she does, she knows all of them." He cuts me off.

Bullshit.

It's either he doesn't want her in his house or..... Well, he doesn't want her in his house.

Asshole.

"Well now what?" I mutter to myself.

I definitely can not take her to my house, my mother would kill both of us.

"She can stay at my place." Olivia suggests, Diego and I look at her at the same time.

"Really?" I question, a little surprised by her offer.

"Nah, the right question is, how dumb are you?" Diego lets out a laugh, I roll my eyes at him.

"There's plenty of room." Olivia says to Diego, Diego shakes his head at her, muttering something in Spanish underneath his tone.

"She'll be gone before you wake up tomorrow morning." I assure her, lightly tapping Cass's shoulder but she doesn't budge. "Cass?" I whisper, pushing a golden lock from her face.

"Mmm." She stirs.

"Wake up." I mutter, she flutters her eyes open and takes in our surrounding.

"Where am I?" She rubs her eyes as I open the door and lead her out first, she steps out and I do the same, shutting the car door afterwards.

"You okay." I ask when her face squeezes in disgust.

"Yeah," she gets rid of the look and plasters a faint smile.

"Come on, love birds, we ain't got all night." Olivia shuts the door with a bang and starts walking towards her house, leaving us behind.

Cass raises a brow at me, "Did she just-"

"Yep," I huff.

I give Diego one last glance before Cass and I follow behind Olivia, Cass is a stumbling mess so I hold her arm to help her balance her walk.