Undercover

*Hank's Pov*

The second Antonio had walked in, I handed him a file and told him to be prepared.

"This boy, Joey, is still missing. I don't believe it's a kidnapping case. He was part of an illegal underground boxing ring. They have fights all over Chicago in remote locations that only certain people know about," I explained as I placed a case file on everyone's desks. "Antonio is going undercover to help take down the rings from the inside and find the ring leaders."

"Ha, ring leaders." Said Adam.

We all turned to look at him, rolling our eyes as he dropped his head and began reading the case file.

"I say we bring that kid in for a talk." Suggested Jay.

"Who? Maisey?" Asked Kevin.

"Jay's right. There's more to her." Said Kim.

"Sounds good. Atwater and Burgess, go pick her up."

After a while, Kevin knocked on my door and got me to come out to the bullpen to see Maisey, who was in cuffs.

Adam and Jay were struggling to move her to an interrogation room because she kept putting her feet down and was always moving about. Adam roughly grabbed her and dragged her to the room while she kicked her feet out.

"Did you have to put her in cuffs?" I asked.

"Yeah, she attacked Kevin and I. She literally started swinging for me."

"Trust me, Hank, if we could've done it any other way, we would've but she was very reluctant to come with us." Said Kevin.

When I walked into the room, her shoulders tensed and she looked down at the floor, trying to shuffle back. Antonio was behind the glass, so he could study her movements because he boxes regularly plus he can't be seen due to him going undercover.

She was a pretty girl with long brown hair that she'd often have up in two French plaits, as seen on her social media pages. Her skin was slightly tanned but I think it was all natural. She clearly got the good gene of tanning but not burning.

"Hey, Maisey." I said and took a seat opposite her.

"I told you, I don't know anything about Joey." She snapped as she leant across the table and slammed her hands down, even though they were in cuffs.

"If you promise me, you won't attack me, I'll take those off." I said, pointing to the cuffs that were trapping her hands together.

"I can't promise you anything." She said.

"Okay, I'm going to take them off because I trust you and I know you wouldn't want to hurt me."

"What do you want?" She asked as I removed the cuffs.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked her.

I thought a calm approach would get her to be less aggravated and angry but I think she was just being protective of herself.

"Cut the crap, what do you want?" She asked.