The Past Or The Future?

*Three years ago*

Nashville is not safe at night, I know it isn't and I usually make it a rule of mine to not walk home but some guy stole my taxi when I waved it over and I couldn't be asked to wait for another one.

So, here I am. Walking the streets of Nashville at midnight.

Quiet chatter filled the streets as I past by the pubs and the occasional mix of different country singers belting their lyrics while the crowds went wild.

As I was walking, something felt weird like I was being watched but I shrugged it off, not wanting to freak myself out over nothing.

When I got home, my slow walking speed picked up into a sprint as red and blue lights lit up the house like a disco. People swayed back and forth in the wind, gawking at our house like it was a movie.

Rough arms pulled me back as I kicked my legs out, causing someone to grab them too. A hand was shoved over my mouth as I tried to scream; tears streaming down my face when I felt like I was being suffocated.

"Hey! Cool it, yeah?" Said a cop as he approached.

His face was hard and stone cold, sending a chill through my body. His skin was dark but a tanned dark, hinting that he was from somewhere in Asia. A dark black mustache sat just above his lip and looked like it was neatly brushed every morning. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this guy was an assassin, hidden in the shadows and waiting to pounce.

"She's just a kid." He said as the officers put me down.

Big mistake.

A grin spread across my face as I swung for two of the men and kicked another one in the face. The cop grabbed me and threw me in the police van before he walked off to check on the guys.

"You had it coming." He said to them.

After a week of being taken from Nashville, I was back in Chicago watching some big sweaty guy on a mat show self defence in boxing. Rolling my eyes, I let out a huff and put my legs up on the chair in front of me, bored out of my mind.

"You. Join me on the mat."

He had called another guy down as well as me. We both stared at each other, my expression cold while his was stretched into a smirk. The second he reached for me, I ducked, punching him in the stomach and then around the face.

The presentation guy gave me his card and told me we should talk. He knew me before hand and did a terrible job at trying to hide it because he couldn't keep his eyes off of me. I was like a sweet on a stick, luring him in. Or maybe it was the other way around.

All I knew is that on my home, I was being followed but it wasn't by him. It was someone completely different and in my attempt to lose them, I walked into some trouble.

They were dressed in fully black clothes with their hoods up and a mask across their face so I couldn't identify them even if I wanted to.

I need to get their masks off.

Running at them full speed, I launched for the taller guy's hood, pulling it down and going for his mask but he grabbed my wrist and threw me to ground.

A strong arm kept me in place while the other guy let out a laugh and placed a cloth over my mouth, making my knees crumble beneath me.