Disappointed

Over the next few days, I had been going to the gym, hoping one day that Antonio would join me but he was super busy with work.

"Gym tonight?" He asked as he handed me my school bag.

"Wait, seriously?" I asked with a small giggle.

"Yeah. I gotta see how you're doing." He said while ruffling my hair.

He does that a lot.

He'll often walk past me and ruffle my hair, same goes with the others. After they saw Antonio do it, they all started doing it, apart from Kim though. She just squeezes my shoulder whilst Hank doesn't really do much. He'll occasionally ruffle my hair or smile when the guys do it but other than that, it's like he doesn't know how to act around kids.

"Hank has children, doesn't he?" I asked as we got into the car.

Antonio dipped his head before he pulled out of the driveway, giving me a small nod but not saying much other than a quiet yeah.

"Okay...so why does he act like a teen is a foreign thing?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, you ruffle my hair and so do the guys. He doesn't do anything."

"You hate when I ruffle your hair."

"I don't hate it. Yeah, it's annoying but I often steal your badge."

"It's complicated."

"How complicated?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later. Just don't ask Hank or any of the others about it. It's not very spoken about."

"Oh."

"Hey, don't worry about it. Focus on school and I'll pick you up after you finish."

"Alright. Love you, be safe."

"Love you too, Minx."

It's almost like Hank is dissociated from the group. Maybe he does it himself but I just find it weird. I've heard the stories of him doing literally anything for his team and putting his job on the line to save them so why act like I'm not there. Is it because I'm then another thing he has to deal with?

"What're you thinking?" Asked Lily, giving me a fright as she spoke.

"Nothing."

"Oh c'mon. I can literally see the cogs turning."

"She's right. I see it too." Agreed Derek with a nod.

"It's nothing to worry about."

"For you, maybe? But you worry me every single day." Said Derek as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"It's nothing. I promise."

"So, I take it you saw the videos." Said Lily but it was more of a statement than a question.

"What videos?" I asked as Derek dropped his head, clearly not wanting to be a part of the conversation.

"I'll see you guys at lunch. I gotta run." He said as he jogged off.

Reaching out, I tried to grasp onto his jacket but he dodged my hand and just sent a thumbs up to Lily. Pulling my eyes away from him, I glared at Lily, waiting for a response to my question.

"It was just some videos of Claire and that," She said as I stared at her, telling her to show me. "It's nothing too bad."

Clarissa was at the centre of it all, smiling and laughing with the girls as they ate hangover food. It was like one of those cringy best friend blogs except, Klarise and Clarissa were far from being friends of mine.