Enemies by Monday part 2

After we went for our ride I dropped Jimmy off with Lloyd knowing that he would take care of him. I got in my truck and head to town knowing that I had to go buy more feed for my horses. I had been in the feed store for a while and had found the food I wanted. I check out and headed to my truck. I put the last bag of feed in the bed when my phone went off. I dug it out of my pocket. It was Monica. I wondered why she was calling me since she never had before. "Hello?" I answered. 

"Hi. I need your help."

"Why are you calling me and not Kayce?" I asked in confusion. 

"Because if I called him he'd kill somebody." I nodded my head in agreement as if she could see. 

"Where are you?" 

"On main street. Some boutique. Sorry, what's the name of this shithole?" She asked somebody. I heard mumbling but couldn't make it out. "On main street. Just look for the police cars out front." 

"I'm on my way." I told her and hung up. I got in as i sent a text to Beth telling her to meet me there. I threw my truck in drive and took off. I raced over and pulled in by Beth. We took a moment and I told her what Monica had told me. 

"Ready?" She asked me. 

"Let's get this done." I told her. We walked in. 

"Beth, Carly were closed at the moment." I rolled my eyes. 

"Where is she?" I asked. 

"Who?"

"Our sister in law." Veronica's eyes went wide. I let Beth take the lead for a bit since she knew more about laws then I did. She drew back the curtain to the dressing rooms. There stood Monica. The anger I felt made my blood fizzle. 

"I'm no lawyer but I believe it's the 4th amendment that deal with unlawful search and seizure."

"This search is voluntary." I let out a huff of air. 

"Sure doesn't look like it to me." I said. I watched as Beth took a picture. "Leave her alone." I glared at the cops. They got out of the dressing room. "Get dressed." I told Monica and closed the curtain. 

"I went to high school with you. And you. You babysat her husband and her." Beth told the cops and pointed to me. 

"On her driver's license her last name is Long." 

"I'm sure that will save you buddy." Beth replied. The cops turned and look at each other before walking out. Monica came out a moment later. 

"Let's go." She told us. 

"Wait don't go. You'll miss all the fun." Beth told her as she locked the door. 

"We might as well shop while we're here right Beth?" I asked. Beth nodded at me. I turned to the owner. "Now veronica they can stay and watch." I looked at the employees. "Or they can stay and watch. It don't matter to me." She looked at them and waved them off. She was about to learn that nobody was going to mess with my family. 

"This is nice Carly. Come look." I went over to Beth. She broke the glass sending little shards all over the place. "Nah not for me." She went along breaking things. 

'Hey Beth what about this?" I said holding up a skirt. 

"That's lovely." I handed it to her and sat on one of the glass counters. "Model it for us would you?" Veronica grabbed it and headed for the dressing rooms.  

'We're passed that don't you think?" I asked. "Try it on here." I told her. She looked up with a nervous face. "It's not a have to I can keep breaking shit. I just love breaking things. I love what happens when I slam my fist into something and watch the glass fly all over the place." I told her with a smirk on my face as I swinging  my legs back and forth. "It's all up to you." She took her skirt off. 

"Spanx. What a shocker. You know you had an ass like a 12 year old boy in high school." Beth asked as she stalked towards her. She went and pulled spanx away from her body. "Well your not a real blonde. Carly come look." 

"Nah I'm good. I can already tell she ain't a real blonde." 

"Stop." Monica's voice came. My eyes snapped up to meet her's. "Doing it to her doesn't undo what she did to me. I didn't steal anything from you. You judged my skin say it."

"i judged your skin. I'm sorry." 

"You're lucky she has a conscience. I was going to have you fuck a mannequin." Beth told her. 

"I was just going to keep breaking shit." I said with a shugging of my shoulders. I hopped off the counter and walked out. Behind me followed by Beth and Monica. 

"We should get a drink." Beth said. 

"I'm going to pass. I'll see you guys back at the house." I told them. They both nodded and walked off. I went and got into my truck. I just wanted to my cowboy. i also wanted to finish what had happened  this morning. When I got home I unloaded my truck. The darkness had started to covered the land. I sighed knowing that Rip went to go take care of things. I went into the house. 

"Want to join us for dinner Carly?" Dad asked. 

"I would love too." I said with a smile knowing this is what I needed after a long day. It was just us and Tate. It was nice not having any drama at the dinner table. 

"Can I have ice cream?" Tate asked after we had finished eating. 

"One more bit." Came dad's replied. Tate looked at me. 

"One more won't kill you." He took a bite. I smiled at him. 

"There you go. Wait a minute. Did you feed your horse?" Tate squirmed under out stares. "Do you think its fair that you have your dessert before he has his supper?" 

"I'll be right back." 

"Hang on Tate. I'll go with you. I want to check on the horses for the night." I told him getting up. 

"Okay." 

"Now Tate our horses always come first. We take care of them before we take care of ourselves. Okay?" I told him as we walked to the barn. 

"Okay Aunt Carly."

"You go feed Lucky. Come to the barn when your done." We split up as he headed towards the pens and me to the barn. I went into the barn and flipped the lights on. A couple of the horses made nosies  at me. I went to Star's stall. She was pacing the stall. "What the matter Star?" I went to go up the stall when hands grabbed me. A cloth was placed over my nose and mouth. I struggled against the person behind me. Trying to get free I threw my elbow back into his stomach. 

"You bitch." He grunted at me. I held my breath knowing if I was breathing it would work faster. I continued to throw my hands around hoping to hit him. "Quite struggling you bitch." He told me. God I hope Tate doesn't come in here. I hope he went back to the house. My eye sight started to get black around the edges. I continued to fight but it was no use. The blackness developed around me and took over just like the darkness took over the land.