Chapter -5

Dwani pov:

Today is Saturday, which means it's our freshers party. I realized that I don't have any saree to wear. Yesterday was a bit hectic with a project deadline and managing the lunch order at the restaurant. We had to cut vegetables and handle some other tasks so that the chefs could cook the food early in the morning. With all these things going on, I completely forgot about the saree. Now I have to wear my suit instead. After bathing, I wear my suit and then I see Sruthy wearing a beautiful saree with stone work. It must have cost a lot because it looks stunning. She asks me why I'm wearing a suit, and I tell her that I don't have any saree. She tells me that she has an extra saree and brings out a heavy embroidery designer saree that looks expensive. However, I politely decline her offer because I'm not used to wearing expensive dresses. I leave for college feeling a bit down.

When I enter inside, everyone is looking at me weirdly because I'm the only one wearing a suit while everyone else is in beautiful sarees. I feel ashamed of myself for not having a saree. I decide to leave the crowded place and go to the park because I feel like crying. I just sit there, feeling disappointed. Suddenly, someone taps me on the shoulder. It's senior Vedant. He asks me why I'm sitting there, and I tell him that I wanted some fresh air. He then asks me why I'm not wearing a saree. I don't say anything because he's the one who planned the party. He asks me again, and I finally explain that I don't have any saree. He tells me that he will give me one. I look at him in shock, but he just smiles at me and asks me to wait near the hostel gate.

After about 30 minutes, he comes back with a packet and gives it to me. He asks me to alter the blouse. I agree and ask him about the money, but he says there's no need to pay. I insist on paying and offer him 1000 rupees. He tells me to give it to him on Monday. I go to the hostel to get changed, but I realize that I don't know how to wear a saree. I'm looking outside in the corridor when I spot a senior sister. I approach her and ask if she could help me in wearing a saree. She agrees, and after draping the saree perfectly, I thank her and head to the cafeteria.

After enjoying a delicious lunch, I make my way to the multipurpose hall where the freshers party is being held. After about half an hour, the program starts. Senior Vedant gives an introduction, and then his friends Sneha and Deepak take over the anchoring. Riya and Adithya have a bowl with chits in their hands. One by one, everyone goes to the stage, takes a chit, and does what's written on it. They also receive a gift in return. Now it's my turn. I go to the stage, and they ask for my name. I say Dwani and they ask me to pick a chit. I look at the chit, and it says I have to talk about my family. I stand there, not knowing what to say. After some time, I gather my thoughts and tell them that I'm an orphan. Someone left me at an orphanage, and since then, I've been staying there. The uncle at the orphanage and the children there are my family. I express that I'm standing there because of my hard work and their support. Then, I receive a gift and go back to my seat. The party continues until around 6 o'clock.

Today, I took a leave from the restaurant because of the freshers party, so I directly went to my room. There I met Sruthy, who knows that I'm an orphan, so she didn't ask me anything. I also didn't say anything. After some time, sleep consumed me, and I drifted off to sleep.

Vedant pov

Today was the day of the freshers' party at college, and it was quite eventful for me. I arrived at the college and met up with my friends. We spent the morning making arrangements for the party, ensuring everything was set up perfectly. Once we were done, we decided to take a break and headed to our usual spot in the park.

However, on my way to the multipurpose hall where the party was being held, I suddenly realized that I had left my car keys back at the park. I quickly informed my friends and told them to go ahead without me, assuring them that I would join them shortly. As I retraced my steps back to the park, I noticed Dwani sitting on one of the benches, her face indicating that she might burst into tears soon. I approached her and asked her why she was sitting there.

She responded with a simple "nothing" but her downcast expression suggested that something was bothering her. I inquired further and asked her why she wasn't wearing a saree, a traditional Indian garment typically worn on such occasions. Dwani confessed that she didn't own a saree and feared that if she wore her regular suit instead, people would laugh at her. I reassured her and asked her to wait near the hostel gate while I went to a nearby store.

At the store, I purchased a simple yet beautiful saree along with a readymade blouse and skirt. I handed the packet to Dwani, but she insisted on paying for it. I declined her offer, but she persisted, saying she would only accept the saree if I accepted the money. Reluctantly, I told her the amount. With the saree in hand, she seemed relieved and grateful.

Afterward, I finally made my way to the multipurpose hall, where my friend Deepak asked me why I was late. I quickly made up an excuse, mentioning that I had to make an important phone call. The party began, and I kicked off the event by giving the introduction speech. As the evening progressed, various performances and programs took place.

Then, to my surprise, Dwani appeared on stage. She had signed up to talk about her family, but she struggled to find her voice. After a while, she mustered the courage to reveal that she was an orphan. Her revelation left me feeling deeply saddened, and I couldn't help but empathize with her situation. It became apparent why she was working in a restaurant, probably trying to make a living and support herself.

As the party drew to a close around 6 o'clock, we all pitched in to clean up the hall. Once the cleaning was done, we made our way back home. I couldn't contain my thoughts about Dwani and her circumstances, so I decided to share the details with my parents. Upon hearing about her situation, my father informed me that she was a scholarship student, which further added to my admiration for her strength and determination.

After spending some time chatting with my family and friends, I eventually retired for the night. Dwani's innocent and cute face lingered in my mind as I drifted off to sleep, reflecting on how beautiful she looked in the saree I had gotten for her.

Plz read and vote
With love cutiepie5