8 - Trauma from office and..dysfunctional family

Brian seemed to sense my emotions.

The next morning, when I woke up, he was already gone. His backpack and computer had disappeared as well, and on the dresser was the spare key I had given him."

I sat idly in the empty bedroom for a while, then calmly toasted a slice of bread and ate it before going to work.

For three whole days, Brian didn't send me a single message.

Coincidentally, a new project started and I was extremely busy. 

I quickly pushed aside any distractions and immersed myself in monitoring the progress at the company, working overtime until late at night before driving back home.

By the time I arrived home, it was already 1 am.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I immediately saw Brian leaning against the wall, his head slightly lowered. 

His long, untrimmed hair fell and covered half of his face.

Upon hearing the noise, he turned to look at me, his eyes red and his face pale, carrying a hint of grievances in his gaze.

I silently locked eyes with him for a moment, then walked over expressionlessly, took out the key, and opened the door.

Brian followed behind me and stepped inside."

"I just kicked off my high heels, turned around, and a scorching kiss landed on me, urgent and passionate. 

Brian used a bit too much force, his lips trailing down my neck, stopping at my collarbone. He bit me so hard it hurt, and I let out a soft moan, but he had no intention of easing up. 

I closed my eyes and pushed him away, switching on the overhead light behind me. In the sudden brightness, Brian stumbled back two steps, his gaze fixed on me with a deep pain in his eyes. 'Amelia,' he rasped, 'I haven't seen you in three days, have you missed me?' I remained silent. 

A hint of determination flashed in Brian's eyes, and then he suddenly took a step forward, scooping me up in his arms and heading towards the bedroom. '

You don't have to answer me, I know you don't want to talk.'

"That night, Brian seemed to have extra energy, channeling all the unspeakable emotions into a different kind of desire, luring me into the depths of temptation.

By the end, I was completely drained, with no strength left in my body. Even my fingertips trembled weakly. Yet, he continued to linger on me, planting delicate kisses along my bare back.

The next day, I had several noticeable hickeys on my neck.

Brian, still deeply asleep in bed, as I got dressed, I silently watched him for a while before finally leaving for work.

With the project temporarily on hold, and a long weekend approaching, there was no need to work late tonight. After finishing work, I walked unsteadily to the underground parking lot with my bag. 

As I passed a dark corner, suddenly, a hand pulled me inside.

Startled, I was about to scream, but my mouth was firmly covered by another hand."This hand exudes a strong tobacco scent, with a touch of icy coldness on the knuckles, a jade-like texture, and sweaty palms.

A wave of nausea rises from my stomach, and I almost bend over to vomit.

Anthony's sticky voice resonates in my ear: 'Amelia, I just praised you for knowing your boundaries, and now you want to flaunt this thing in front of me?'

His fingertips caress the hickey on my neck.

I gaze at his aggressively eyes in the darkness and force myself to remain calm: 'Mr. Gu, I am an adult. Isn't it normal to have a bed companion or something?'

Anthony chuckles softly.

I increasingly feel that he and Brian are really alike.

When they smile, the corners of their eyes slightly lift, and the curvature of their lips is exactly the same."

"Bedmate?" 

Anthony leaned in close to my neck and sniffed, finally releasing me.

I quickly stepped back, watching him cautiously.

"Amelia, it's been almost a year. No woman dares to make me wait this long. You're tempting, but don't challenge my limits."

As I drove back home, my hands trembled on the steering wheel.

The room was pitch black, Brian was not there.

I knelt in front of the toilet, emptying the contents of my stomach, then stumbled back to the bedroom, trembling in bed.

When I was a child.

I was six years old at that time.

My parents wanted to have another son, so they sent me to live with my grandmother in the countryside. 

My grandmother lived in an adobe house, and the back wall of the backyard had collapsed in a heavy rain.

One night, some village hoodlums climbed over the wall and broke into my room."He covered my mouth with his sweaty hand and reached under the blanket to pull up my skirt. 

In the darkness, I tried to open my eyes wider, desperately attempting to see his face. My hand fumbled beside the pillow until I finally found a pencil. 

With the pencil, I stabbed him in the back, causing him to let out a scream and waking up the neighbor's dog. 

Amidst the frenzy of the dog's barking, he slapped me hard and fled through the door. Later, my grandmother called, instructing my parents to bring me back home. I entered the house with a pitiful suitcase in hand. 

My mother gave me a disgusted glance and coldly said, 'Amelia, at such a young age, you already know how to play tricks.' 

Oh, they thought I didn't want to live in the countryside, so I deliberately enticed a little rascal to have my grandmother send me back. I despised human desires so much."

"Yet I willingly and consciously sink into the sea of desire.

"Amelia?"

Brian's voice suddenly rang out, and then the bedroom lights turned on brightly. I squinted my eyes, raised my head, and saw him standing in front of the bed with a face full of apology.

That face gradually overlapped with Anthony in the darkness.

I sat up expressionlessly and said, "Get out."

Brian's lips trembled, and tears suddenly fell from his eyes. "Amelia, I was wrong. Amelia..."

That night, he slept on the sofa in the living room.

The next morning, as soon as I opened my eyes, Brian stood in front of me holding a cup of hot milk.

He was wearing an apron, and the smell of fried eggs wafted from the living room."I silently got up, washed up, finished breakfast, and then... I looked up at Brian cautiously sitting across from me.

"Brian," I set down my cup and looked at him with a faint smile, "Do you still want to stay here with me?"

Brian nodded desperately, his tone sounding almost on the verge of tears, "Amelia, do you want to kick me out?"

You brought this upon yourself, don't blame me.

I slowly exhaled, lightly laughing, "Why would I?"

Who made you Anthony's son?

"I want to apologize, I shouldn't have taken my frustrations out on you last night because of work. It won't happen again."

There are countless villains in this world, why am I the only one expected to be a saint?

"Let's go, I'll take you out for a walk."

—No, I won't.