11 - I was completely falling...

It was already late at night after we finished dinner.

A few people drank some alcohol, some of them getting quite drunk. 

They had to find a designated driver to take them home. I was the only one sober, and James smiled and said, 

"Since that's the case, then I'll trouble you, Amelia, to send me back." 

Anthony and the others watched from the side, and I couldn't refuse. I could only watch as he got into the passenger seat. 

Before we left, I glanced at Anthony. 

His eyes, clouded with drunkenness, still had a menacing look. I averted my gaze and didn't look back. 

The car stopped in front of James' house, and just as I was about to ask him to get out, my hand, covered in cold sweat, was suddenly held. 

"Amelia," James' voice became deep, and his eyes held a chilling smile, "I thought you were tougher. 

Why didn't you resist?""I pursed my lips and lowered my gaze. 'This has nothing to do with you.'

'You would rather stay here and endure Anthony's harassment than come to my company

—Amelia, how despicable can you be?'

I slapped him across the face.

With all my strength, James's face turned to the side from my hit.

'James, stay at your family's company? How much does your mother despise me? Do you think I can't see through it? 

I only went out of town to study with my mentor for half a month, and she arranged three blind dates with high-class ladies for you. 

What's the purpose?'

My nails dug into my palm as I looked at him, raising an eyebrow and sneering, 'Every path is a dead end, so I might as well choose one that pleases me.'"

"James, are you enjoying it when Anthony touches your hand?" James became furious and sarcastically replied, 

"How could I forget? He dares to touch your hand in front of so many people, he must have done even more inappropriate things behind the scenes, right? 

And since you didn't refuse, it means you also enjoy it, right?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, and when I opened them again, I was filled with a chilling rage: "Get out of the car."

"Amelia, you..."

"Just get out!"

I reached for the door on the other side and used all my strength to push James out.

The glare of the car roof light burned my face, and my hands trembled violently as I stared into James' eyes filled with intense hatred.

He took a step back, struggling to regain his balance, and then leaned against the car roof, looking down at me with a condescending attitude."

It was as if my resentment had angered him to the core, and he smirked, pulling at the corners of his lips.

"Amelia, how could I forget what kind of person you are - being with Brian, it's not because you like him, but because you want to get back at Anthony, right?"

It felt like the softest part of my heart had been abruptly torn open, and the pain made my fingertips tremble. But I still coldly laughed and said:

"James, if you know what kind of person I am, how dare you come and provoke me? 

Do you think I don't know that you were the one who orchestrated my sudden dismissal, all to give me that opportunity so that I would be grateful to you?