12 - The appearance of a love rival

I agreed with Brian.

The little boy didn't ask me any further about what had happened, probably sensing that I didn't want to talk about it."

"He just accompanied me to take a shower and then took a nap. The next morning, before dawn, he took a car back to the training city.

Later, when he finished his training and came back, he stayed at my place again. But occasionally, when he had classes, he still had to go back to school.

He still often invites me to go out, sometimes to watch movies, sometimes to explore the streets and alleys to find food.

Brian seemed to notice my love for live music performances. 

Several times, he managed to get tickets to music festivals and livehouses that I was interested in from various sources, and we would dance until it was dark before going home.

This is an experience of love that I have never had before, and I find it extremely fascinating.

When I was with James before, the places we went to the most were hotels.

 All kinds of hotels.

"He said, 'Amelia, you are beautiful, but you are most alluring in bed.'

The project has entered its most critical phase, and in order to catch up with the schedule, I often stay up all night at the office. 

James, who is in charge across from me, also stays with me.

One night, I couldn't bear it anymore and went downstairs to the vending machine to buy coffee. James followed me.

When there was no one else around, he looked at me with an unabashed, aggressive gaze. 

That's how it is now.

It took a lot of effort for me to resist the urge to smash my phone into his face.

'James,' I took a deep breath and calmly looked at him, 'we are not possible.'"

He actually laughed and said, "Don't worry, Amelia. You've made your point clear. It would be too ignorant of me to continue bothering you. I just came to inform you that Xiaoxuan has already met Brian, and the two young people get along well. I heard that Brian even invited Xiaoxuan to watch their basketball game." 

There was an undisguised pride in his eyes.

It was as if he was saying, "You see, Amelia, you thought you were the only one capable of revenge?"

Evelyn, James' sister who asked me to be a tutor, is just like James, inherently arrogant. 

However, Evelyn is better at disguising it, hiding everything behind her innocent and sweet appearance.

"When I went to teach her for the first time, she grabbed my canvas bag and innocently asked, 'How much did you pay for this bag?' 

I smiled and said, 'Nineteen yuan and nine.' She seemed surprised and said, 'So you could buy twenty bags like this for the price of one class with me?' 

I remained unfazed, still smiling, and replied, 'Yes, little sister. That's why I hope you can listen well in class, so I can continue teaching and earn more money.' 

And now, as I looked at James in front of me, I politely smiled, picked up my coffee, and left. I didn't mention this incident to Brian. 

I felt guilty as well, so why bother making everyone unhappy? 

After the project here came to a temporary end, Anthony suddenly called me into his office."Under the cold white light, he looked at me nervously and suddenly smiled, saying, "Amelia, don't be so afraid. I won't eat you."

I didn't say anything, just looked at him coldly.

There was no one else here, and I didn't need to pretend anymore, maintaining that false peace.

Anthony didn't seem to care, saying, "Amelia, that so-called bedmate you mentioned last time, is it Manager Zhou Mingzheng from across the street? It's good for senior and junior to continue their relationship. 

If that's the case, I won't blame you. 

Just get along well with Manager Zhou. If they still assign us the second phase of the project, it's fine as long as they give up five points."

He said it with such confidence.

I widened my eyes and almost burst out laughing.

Anthony, what kind of person do you think you are?"I raised the corners of my lips and said, 'Mr. Gu, you are overthinking. I have always separated my personal and professional life, and I won't bring personal matters into work. 

Besides, my relationship with Mr. Zhou is just a normal college alumni connection, and I really can't take on such a heavy responsibility.'"

After speaking, I didn't wait for Anthony's reaction and turned to open the door.

When I returned to my seat, I noticed that Brian had sent me a message:

"Amelia, tomorrow is the weekend. Are you free? The neighboring school team we met during the last training session is coming to play against us in the gym. 

I will be training tonight and won't be going back to my place. If you're free tomorrow, would you like to come watch my game?"

My fingers hesitated on the screen for a while before typing out a hesitant "okay."

When it comes to playing basketball, Brian seems to have a special talent and is also very popular.

When I walked into the school gymnasium, I was startled by the packed crowd in the stands. Among them were many young and lively girls, some of whom even held a banner cheering for Brian. 

I chose a seat in a corner and soon saw Brian and his teammates walk in. 

He was wearing a white jersey with blue trim, and as his gaze scanned the stands, it finally lit up when it landed on me. 

I was somewhat dazed. I watched him run, jump, shoot, and celebrate with his teammates on the court... until the end of the first half, when Brian's team had far surpassed the opposing team in score. 

During halftime, he took a few big sips of water and walked towards me, his voice full of excitement: 'Amelia!'"

"I took out a pack of tissues, about to hand it to him, when suddenly a figure flashed diagonally, carrying a sweet fragrance.

She stood between me and Brian, extending what she had in her hand, her voice gentle: 'Brian, wipe away your sweat.'

It was Evelyn.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt like laughing.

After all this time, her character hasn't changed, but surprisingly, her tactics haven't improved at all.

The smile on Brian's lips disappeared, and he glanced at Evelyn, politely declining: 'Thank you, but I don't need it.'

Saying that, he walked past her and came to my side, taking the tissues from my hand excitedly: 'Ah, it's the dog-themed tissues we bought last time!'

I smiled and replied: 'Yes.'""I saw the tissue paper with fluffy Samoyed dogs printed on it when Brian and I were shopping together at a supermarket. 

It immediately reminded me of Brian, so I bought a lot of them. Evelyn turned her head and looked at me, suddenly with a surprised expression on her face,

 'Amelia, didn't you go back to your hometown to get married after breaking up with my brother? 

I heard that the person didn't mind and was willing to pay a dowry of 500,000 yuan to marry you. Is it true?'