4. Closer

"Hey. What's up, amazon?"

Hanni is definitely surprised. She never thought she'd be relieved to hear someone call her amazon at that moment.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Minji took a sip from the bottle she's holding.

"Are you following me?"

"Excuse me, following you? I should be the one asking you that."

Realising what Minji said, Hanni played with the handkerchief in her hands. "H-how long have you been here?"

"An hour ago, before you came running here like a lost child."

"Oh. I didn't notice you earlier."

"I figured that out." Apparently, Minji had seemed to camouflaged in the dark with her black hooded jacket and black shorts.

Hanni said nothing. A minute ago, she was worried Minji would spend the night with Danielle—she's not sure why she was worried in the first place—and now she feels relieved to see Minji just in front of her boozing on a liquor.

With no warning, Minji gently threw a small towel on Hanni's face. "Dry yourself up, you're a mess."

Hanni frowned at the towel, wondering why Minji is being nice to her.

"Don't worry. I haven't used that one yet, princess."

"Oh...thanks..." Hanni couldn't understand why the endearment sounded sweeter this time. "So, what are you doing here alone?"

"Just thinking about some random stuff. You?"

"I was on the phone with my mum before it rained."

"Ahhh."

"I, uh, I thought you will be with Danielle tonight."

Minji gave her a confused look. "In your room?"

"Yup."

"What am I gonna do in your room then?"

"Well, you know... Danielle giving you a real hickey?"

Minji was about to drink from the bottle but she stopped. "Seriously?" Do you really think I'd do that?"

Hanni nodded. She lied.

"What? Are you kidding me?" Minji put the bottle down. "I won't do something like that, at least not with a random person."

"Well, I thought you and Danielle were..."

"We're what?"

"I don't know... flirting?"

Minji laughed. "C'mon, Pham, seriously? Do you really think of me like that?"

Hanni nodded hesitantly. "W-weren't you?"

"The last time I checked, the term 'being nice' is not synonymous with 'flirting'."

"You can't blame me. You're too nice to Danielle, well, to all your fangirls actually. I thought you're just playing with everyone."

"Well, can't I be nice to people who were nice to me too?"

Hanni pouted. "I guess you could say that." She sat on the table with her back facing Minji. "Sorry."

"For?"

"For having that kind of impression of you."

"No worries. We're you thinking I was flirting with you too?"

"I didn't mean it that way." Hanni knitted her brows.

"Ooh, do you think you're seducible?" Minji lightly poked her back.