19. Moments

"Are you done yet?" asked Hanni while she grooms herself in front of the mirror.

"Two more minutes, okay?" said Minji from the bathroom.

"Ugh! You're so slow."

The bathroom door creaked open. Minji stepped out. "Slow? You're the one who woke me up late, like five minutes ago, asking me to get ready right away."

"Well, I never knew that it would take me a lot of effort to wake you up, honey."

Minji approached her. "Are you done yourself?"

"Yes, I'm ready. Hey, what's that!" Hanni was surprised to see Minji's face still drenched in water, having an I-just-woke-up hairdo.

"What? I washed my face."

"And you're going out like that?" Hanni grabbed a towel to dry Minji's face. "Tsk. You're such a kid, Kim."

"Mmm... I wasn't planning going out like this, f-y-i," said Minji, her voice muffled against the towel.

"Whatever." Hanni dropped the towel and stared at Minji's hair. "What are you gonna do with that?"

"This?" Minji brushed her fingers through her hair while peeking in the mirror. "Let's just leave it like this."

"Tsk. No!" Hanni cupped Minji's shoulder and turned the latter to face her. "It's better this way." She fixed Minji's hair.

"Now how do I look, honey?" asked Minji, her thumb, and forefinger against her chin.

Hanni couldn't help but admire her hair art. Minji has changed into a new pair of a button-down shirt and baggy pants for dinner. The funny thing about it is the simpler she looked the more her charm shows up.

"You're okay."

Minji pursed her lips. "Just okay?"

"Yeah. What were you expecting me to say?"

"Anything but okay, you know."

"Ahm. Okay. Then what adjective would you like me to use?"

"I don't know. Maybe striking would do." Minji beamed, causing Hanni to roll her eyes. "Or maybe attractive, gorgeous, stylish, or dazzling."

Hanni cocked her head to one side. "I didn't know you were conceited, honey."

"Why, thank you, honey." Minji bowed. Suddenly, the door buzzed. "I guess that's our call."

Hanni went to get her sling bag while Minji opens the door.

"Hi, bear!"

"Hey, kitty! Looking pretty tonight, huh? Where's Jungwon?"

"He's almost done retouching his makeup," said Haerin. Minji laughed. "Well, you look charming yourself. That shirt looks perfect on you."

"Charming your face," Hanni muttered when she finally found her cell phone on the couch.

"Yeah? You're the one who gave this shirt, remember?" asked Minji.

"I know. I know. See? I always choose what's best for you."

Hanni made a face before approaching and looping her arm through Minji's. "Honey, I'm ready."

Minji turned to her and touched the tip of her nose. "Hey there, beautiful." She went back to Haerin. "Okay. Shall we?"

"Wait. Let's fix this first." Haerin stopped them to fix Minji's collar. Minji stayed still.

Hanni rolled her eyes.

Just in time, Jungwon stepped out of their room and locked the door. "Where do you want to eat guys?"

"Let's go to Flames." Haerin turned around. "Minji loved the barbecue there."