28. Fast

Hanni is lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, fiddling with her hands on her tummy. What Hyein told her earlier made her anxious.

"It's your entire fault, Minji!" she screamed in their empty house while punching through the air. "You've just turned Hyein to be your newest fangirl because you're so flirty! Ugh! Stupid, Minji! Stupid!"

Hanni turned aside to check on her phone. "Why isn't she texting me? Is she busy? Doesn't she miss talking to me?"

She groped for a pillow and hid her head under it.

Yes. She's going crazy now.

The next day, Hanni found Hyein already in the office when she got in. She can't deny that this intern is good. Her chances of passing are high.

"Hi there," said Hanni, turning on her PC.

"Morning, Ms. Hanni."

"Wow. Are you partying later?" asked Hanni, noticing makeup on the intern's face that she has not been doing in the past few days.

"Not really." Hyein smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I just want to feel pretty today."

"You are always pretty, dear."

"Thanks."

Hanni grabbed a wet tissue and poured rubbing alcohol on it.

"Umm. Ms. Hanni, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?" Hanni started cleaning her table with the wet tissue.

"By any chance, are you close friends with Minji?"

Hanni's hand stopped. "W-we're friends, why?"

"I just want to know if she has a boyfriend or a girlfriend."

"The last time I checked, she's single." Hanni resumed cleaning her table. "But I'm not sure anymore. In case you're not aware, many women are just throwing themselves at her."

"Oh. is that so..."

"You really like her?" Hanni asked to reassure, hoping that the answer would change.

Hyein nodded. "How about you, don't you think she's cute?"

"Uh. Well. She is charming, yes."

"So, you like her too?"

"Umm..."

"Ms. Hanni..."

"Yes?"

"You're blushing." Hyein giggled.

"Am I?" Hanni's initial instinct told her to look around to see if Danielle is already there. "You're a crazy kid. I just easily blush when asked about things like that."

"So, you like Minji?"

"All the girls here in the office like her, Hyein. What you're feeling now is normal," said Hanni, dumping the used tissue in the trash bin below her table.

"All the girls? Including you?"

Hanni glared at Hyein. "Do you want me to fail you in your training?"

Hyein raised her hands to surrender. "I'm just asking you."

"Why do you want to know that, anyway?"

"It's because I like her a lot, and I'm planning to confess soon."

Hanni's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "What? Confess right away? You just met her yesterday, right? And does your confession have anything to do with me?"