16. War

The moment they arrived at the restaurant, Hanni noticed how the staff welcomed Minji with big smiles, giving Hanni an idea that Minji is a known regular there.

Their arrival obviously captivated most of the ladies. Some are looking at Jungwon, some are thrilled over Minji. Hanni can't help but smile to herself each time she sees some glare of disappointments from the female staff as she walked hand in hand with Minji.

Sorry ladies, she's Hanni's property tonight.

They sat on the couch facing each other by pair. While waiting for their food, the manager and the chef approached Minji. Hanni noticed how glad they were to see Minji there. From what she heard, Minji hasn't shown in that restaurant for a month. They even excused themselves to talk to Minji alone.

"I'll be right back." Minji squeezed Hanni's hand as she was about to stand up.

"Sure, enjoy yourself," said Hanni. She felt like a baby when Minji patted her head before leaving.

Jungwon stood up from his chair too. "Okay. Excuse me for a while, ladies. I need to make a call."

Both Haerin and Hanni nodded. And just like that, they were left alone at the table.

"The staff here surely loves Minji a lot, huh," said Hanni, trying to start a little talk.

Haerin shakes her head and smiled. "Minji is in love with the food here. She goes here twice or thrice a week and she always talks to those two each time we go here before."

Hanni took it down in her mental notepad, how Haerin kept pointing out the things Minji had done with her before.

"What do they usually talk about?"

"It's mostly about food and recipes, which I don't understand." Haerin rolled her eyes. "They always try to get Minji's point of view on the food. Sometimes it's the other way around, Minji is asking them about the food."

"Why are they doing that?"

Haerin's eyebrows rose. "Hmm? Didn't you know that Minji is a good cook?"

"Really?" Hanni blinked. She suddenly remembers the breakfast she had with Minji in the office pantry, when she told the latter that she always imagines herself being with someone who loves to cook.

And now she's blushing.

"Yes, she loves cooking a lot. I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet." Haerin chuckled. "If it wasn't for her love of photography, I think she'd get culinary in college instead. She hasn't cooked food for you yet?"

Hanni shook her head. "She mentioned she loves cooking, but she only enjoys it if there is someone to share the food with. I've only gone to her apartment once."

Haerin looked surprised. "For real? How long have you been together again?"

"J-just recently..." Hanni cleared her throat.

"You mean you're not official yet when I came to her apartment last December?"

Hanni shook her head no. "I was drunk the night before after a little party. I passed out on our way home. She doesn't know where my address is."

"I see." Haerin nodded. "So, Minji wasn't lying when she told me you're not her girlfriend, huh?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Where did you guys met again?"

"In the office. We're on the same floor, just different departments," said Hanni, relating things as close as she can to reality.

"So, how was it? I assume there are other girls that are annoyingly trying to get close to her, right? Do you guys fight over that?"