32. Horror

"Shit."

Minji gawked at signage in front of her. She just came back from a quick phone call with her dad, having no idea which rides Hanni had chosen for them.

Hanni walked closer to link their arms together while she sips from her juice box.

"What's the matter?"

"Uh. Nothing."

Hanni sensed that there is something wrong. She looked up the signage to check on what Minji saw.

'Horror House – Where Your Worst Nightmares Come True'

Hanni almost spat her drink out with what she realized. A soft mocking laugh followed it.

"Oh. I guess we have a scaredy cat here, huh?"

"I'm not scared, I'm just..." sneered Minji.

"Just what?" Hanni bit her straw, still having that mocking smile on her face.

Minji's eyes examined the hem of her jacket and played with it. "I'm just... just afraid of the dark."

Hanni burst out laughing. "Wow. So, the office heartthrob is a Nyctophobia?"

"Hey. Don't laugh at me." Minji pouted. "I have a serious fear of darkness."

"Do I remember someone telling me earlier that she walks on the wild side and laughs at the face of danger?"

"I was thinking of the rides that time, not this one," grunted Minji. "I never thought you're a fan of horror."

"Not really. I'm a scaredy-cat myself. But I want to try this with you." Hanni looped back her arm through Minji's and dragged her.

"Are we seriously going in?" Minji was still not moving from her spot while Hanni was pulling her.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." Hanni tried pulling with much effort this time, but Minji stayed glued to the ground.

"Please, let's just take the rides instead."

"We'll take the rides later, let's do this first." Hanni pulled Minji again but the latter won't even budge. "Come on. Don't be a wimp now."

"Hey. I'm not a wimp. Come here you..." Minji pulled Hanni closer to her.

It was too sudden that Hanni's brain wasn't able to process how to balance. She landed face-first on Minji's neck, breathing in an intoxicating combination of the latter's cologne and body scent. It was just for a split second but it's enough time to completely enthrall her.

"Hanni, stop sniffing me."

Hanni shoved Minji away. "Excuse me! I'm not!"

"Hah! Maybe you're not, but your blushing face tells me otherwise."

Hanni stomped a foot. "Ugh. I hate you. I hate you."

"Don't be mad, boss. Come here." Minji put an arm around Hanni's shoulders. "Let's go get some rides now, okay?"

"Nope. No rides yet."

"What? Still not giving up the horror house?"

"Definitely not."

Minji pinched the bridge of her nose. "Ugh. Can we just drop this off?"

Hanni shook her head. "Let's go in now..." She tightened her grip on Minji's hand and tried pulling the latter to the entrance. When she felt that Minji isn't budging, she stopped.

"Yah! Minji-ah!"

Then from hard rock, Minji turned into a soft jelly. "Ugh, no..."