22. Confession

"Guys, let's have some fun tonight." Wonyoung placed the Aftershock bucket at the center of the table.

Haerin picked up a shot glass from the bucket and realized what was brought to them. "Wow, Wonyoung. You wanna get smashed up tonight?"

"Well, it's not every day we get to see each other like this, you now."

"But you're still driving home, aren't you?"

"I changed my mind. I'll be getting a room here for tonight."

"Yeah, you better. I don't want drunk-driving accidents happening anymore," said Haerin, raising an eyebrow.

Wonyoung burst into a loud guffaw. She high-fived Haerin. "That's my girl!"

"Jeez. You guys are bullying me," said Minji as she sits beside Hanni.

"Are you going to drink too?" Wonyoung asked Hanni, handling a shot glass to Minji.

Hanni smiled sheepishly. "I have low alcohol tolerance. I don't want Minji carrying me back to our room later."

"Come one. Let's all get wasted tonight." Wonyoung raised another shot glass for Hanni to take.

"Nah. Let's not force her to drink," said Minji. "Remember the last time she got drunk? She couldn't walk on her own because her legs were numb. The next morning, she couldn't remember a thing that happened."

"Yeah. Let Hanni pass for now so she could carry Minji back to their room," said Jungwon, laughing.

Hanni pulled Minji by her arm. "Jungwon has a point. If Minji is planning to drink, I might as well watch over her later."

Wonyoung's eyebrows rose. "Ooh. That's so sweet of you, Hanni." She winked at Minji.

Minji knew what it meant. She turned to Hanni when the latter tapped her arm. "Hmm?"

Hanni leaned closer and lowered her voice, "What took you so long?"

This is one of those moments when Minji feels like they aren't pretending. "Sorry. Wonyoung and I had a short talk."

"Just don't leave me again like that. Take me with you then," said Hanni, unaware that she's jutting her lower lip out.

Minji knew that this is a good sign for her confession later. Who knows, Hanni might say yes to her.

They finally decided to call it a night after two hours.

"So... we had a blast, guys..." said Wonyoung, trying hard to get up from her chair. She walked towards Minji and Hanni to give both a hug. "I totally enjoyed tonight."

"Where are you going?" asked Hanni.

"I need to go ahead. I gotta book a room..." Wonyoung walked towards Haerin and Jungwon this time, struggling to maintain her balance.

"You're gonna... book... a room? Can you... even walk... without stumbling?" said Minji, still trying to act cool even if she's wasted as Wonyoung. She knows she got it bad because the room won't stop spinning.

"How about you, how are you feeling now?" asked Hanni, leaning closer to Minji, trying to get a view of her face.

"I'm so dizzy, baby. Ugh. I feel nauseous..." Minji leaned down on the table, resting her head against her arms.

"Let's get back to our room then." Hanni ruffled Minji's hair. "Can you even walk?"

"Give me a few more minutes to rest... I'm so dizzy..."

"Happy birthday, chick..." Wonyoung went to hug Haerin and Jungwon. "I had a great night..."

"Thanks. You think you can book a room yourself?" asked Haerin who's slightly drunk too.