Chapter 5

"I swear he loves you more than he loves me." Cory said with a slight pout.

Betty laughed, petting Thomas who was happily purring in her lap. It was Sunday and the two friends decided to hang out. Gracie was busy again recording more music. It was almost like that girl was at it constantly.

"We should probably do something besides just sit here and watch trash tv." Cory said with a laugh.

Betty laughed as well and nodded. Her one hand still petting the orange cat chilling in her lap. She had her feet propped up on the coffee table.

"Any suggestions? I have none."

"I would say coffee but that's all we ever do." Cory said with a grin.

Betty laughed and nodded. "True. What about ice skating?"

Cory cocked an eyebrow at her. "You and I both know we're going to be on our asses the second we step out there."

Betty laughed. "That's the fun part."

Cory laughed as well. "Okay, fine. But we're both going down together."

"Just give me a bit of time. Thomas is comfortable." Betty said with a soft laugh.

Cory rolled his eyes. "I swear, you treat him like a baby."

Betty gasped. "Because he is." She kissed the top of the cat's head.

"We're never getting out of here at this point." Cory said with a laugh.

Betty shrugged with a laugh.

A little while later, the two friends made their way to Rockefeller Center to the skating rink. Both were bundled up in their coats, hats, scarves, and mittens. Betty's hair was tied back into a loose ponytail.

"It's fucking cold already," Cory said as the two made their way over to pay for rental skates. Surprisingly the rink wasn't too packed for it being a Sunday.

Betty laughed. "It is winter genius."

Cory flipped her off playfully before the two paid for their rentals and then sat down on a bench to put them on.

"I swear I haven't skated since I was a little kid." Cory said, lacing up his skates as he glanced up to look at Betty.

She laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, I haven't skated in a long time. I was always a roller-skater as a kid."

Cory laughed a bit. "I swear I learn something new about you every day."

Betty shrugged with a soft laugh. "And you'll probably keep learning every day."

Cory smiled at Betty, both slowly standing up on the mat to walk over to the ice. He walked like he was wearing heels for the first-time causing Betty to burst out laughing.

"You look ridiculous." She said, standing up as well. Her walk wasn't as dramatic as his, but still a bit shaky.

"Do your ankles not hurt?" Cory asked, standing on the edge between the mat and the beginning of the ice rink.

"You have weak ass ankles then." Betty said with a grin. She carefully stepped onto the ice, holding onto the edge of the rink to stay up.

"Look who's talking now." Cory said, pointing at her with a laugh.

Betty flipped him off playfully. "I just need a second to adjust."

Cory held his hands up in defense. "Sure, sure."

Soon, the two friends were both on the ice. Betty was able to skate slowly around the rink while Cory clung to the edge. He barely moved around the rink, scared to actually fall.