Chapter 7

---FlashBack---

"Hey sweetheart, can I talk to you for a minute?" Julien asked softly.

Betty had been sitting on the couch reading when she glanced up to look at her girlfriend. Julien had previously been in the other room on a phone call.

Betty nodded and set her book on the coffee table before standing and heading toward Julien. The couple then headed to their bedroom, sitting on the end of the bed together. The two of them sat crisscrossed, and Betty picked at the skin around her nails. A nervous habit of hers.

Julien took a deep breath before she spoke. "You know how we released the EP?" She started.

Betty nodded, glancing over to meet Julien's gaze. Julien looked almost nervous to be telling Betty something.

"What about the EP?" Betty asked. Her voice filled with curiosity.

Julien scratched the back of her neck, a nervous habit of hers.

"Well, the boys and I are going to be doing a tour. It's going to be short but it's still a start." Julien glanced at Betty to wait for a response from her.

Betty sat there for a moment. She was silent as she took in the news.

"Hun, are you okay?" Julien asked nervously. Her eyes filled with worry.

Betty took a deep breath before finally meeting Julien's gaze. Her eyes were filled with tears which instantly broke Julien's heart.

"You're going to leave me." Betty said, a few tears falling down her face.

Julien's heart broke even more as she quickly moved to wrap her arms around Betty. She carefully brought Betty's head to her chest as the girl started to cry.

"Shh, baby. I'm not going to leave you. I promise love. It's going to be alright." Julien's soft voice spoke as she tried to console Betty.

Betty clutched onto Julien's shirt as she continued to cry. Julien rubbed her back and whispered soothing words into her ear as she tried to help calm Betty. Julien had known that this news was going to be hard for Betty to take in. The couple was extremely close. They didn't need to be with each other constantly but needed to be with one another whenever they could be.

It took a bit of time before Betty finally calmed down. She laid against Julien, tracing shapes on her girlfriend's chest. Julien had used her thumb to wipe away the remaining tears. Her one arm still wrapped around Betty acted sort of like a shield.

"Promise you won't leave me?" Betty asked softly.

The two of them had been sitting there in silence for a bit.

Julien glanced down at Betty, hooking a finger under her chin. Her voice was soft as she spoke.

"Promise." Julien said, glancing down at the promise rings that they both had.

---End of FlashBack---

(The day of the concert)

Betty was nervously pacing around the apartment. She still had a few hours until she had to leave with Cory and Gracie for the concert. Cory was passed out in her bed, snoring while Gracie was laying in her bed scrolling through her phone.

It had taken a bit of convincing for Betty to get Gracie to agree to attend the concert with them. Gracie tried to come up with excuses, but it was no use, Betty wasn't letting up on it.

Betty had stayed up late with Cory and Gracie finishing up their outfits. Gracie was going to be wearing a white t-shirt with blue handprints inspired by True Blue. Cory was wearing a skeleton shirt with black skinny jeans. And Betty had chosen to wear a short black dress with a tooth necklace. All three of them planned on wearing friendship bracelets that they had stayed up late to make. Betty was excited but also a bit nervous. Phoebe had told Betty that they wouldn't be able to meet up with the band until after the show.