Chapter 9

The next morning, Betty woke up extremely early. It was 6:30 am, and she couldn't sleep. The thought of going out to breakfast with Julien was weighing on her mind.

Of course, she was looking forward to it. Catch up and see how Julien had been. But she was also nervous. What if they ended up fighting or not getting along? She tried to push those negative thoughts aside. Trying to be optimistic about this. Maybe it would be okay.

After a bit of time, Betty decided to get up. She went to the bathroom to do her usual business and then washed her face. After that, she headed back into her room to pick out an outfit. It was quite hot in the city today. 80 degrees and sunny. Betty looked through her wardrobe before deciding on what to wear.

She ended up choosing a white tank top that had baby blue flowers on it and a pair of Jean shorts. She decided to skip the face makeup and only put on mascara and a bit of lip-gloss. Since she was already sweating, she put her hair up into a ponytail.

After getting changed, she checked the time to see it was a little past 8 am. She decided to try and keep her mind busy by getting stuff done. She made her bed and then took her dishes from her bedside table to wash in the kitchen sink.

Betty was humming along to Ain't It Fun which was playing on her phone when she heard a knock at the door. She quickly turned her music off and made her way over to the door.

When she opened it, she was met with Julien's beautiful presence.

Julien was wearing a black tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans. Her hazel eyes stared right back into Betty's dark brown ones. The two stood there for a moment before Julien spoke up.

"You look beautiful." Julien said softly, giving Betty a small smile.

Betty laughed softly and smiled. "You clean up well too Baker."

Julien laughed softly. "Thanks, Adams."

Betty giggled and playfully hit Julien's arm. She always hated when Julien would call her by her last name. But something about it now made her heart flutter.

"You ready for breakfast?" Julien asked.

Betty nodded. She grabbed her wallet and keys off the counter before slipping on a pair of shoes. Then she and Julien made their way out of the apartment building. As they walked, Julien kept a soft but protective hand on the small of Betty's back. Something Julien had always done back when the two were dating.

The walk was thankfully only a few blocks away, and soon, the two were heading inside. Betty and Julien were seated at a booth and given menus before being left by themselves.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving." Julien said.

Betty giggled a bit. "Me too."

After a waitress came over and took their drink order, she quickly went to grab their coffee. The two of them couldn't keep their eyes off one another. Both mesmerized by each other's beauty.

After getting their coffee, the two both decided to order pancakes and then were left to make small talk with one another.

"So, where are you guys headed next?" Betty asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

"We have Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Columbus, Chicago, and then Nashville. After those places, we have a month off." Julien explained.

Betty's jaw dropped a bit. "Wow, you guys have a busy month."

Julien laughed a bit. "Yeah, we do. But it's exciting. We haven't toured together like this in a few years."

Betty felt her heart drop a bit at the mention of that. Julien noticed the way Betty's face shifted and she instantly regretted the way she phrased it.

"Betty, I'm sorry."

Betty shook her head. "No, no. It's okay."

She was fiddling with her fingers on the table. Julien noticed her nervousness, so she reached over, taking Betty's hands into her own. The butterflies returned to Betty's stomach. Julien still had this effect on her. Even after all this time.

"I'm sorry that I can't change the past. But maybe we can change how our future plays out." Julien said softly.

Betty met Julien's eyes, and she nodded. Giving her a small smile, which Julien returned.

Soon, the two were eating breakfast and making small talk with one another. As time passed, the two seemed to be more and more open with each other. It was almost like they had never broken up. Like the lovers they once were.

When it came for the check, Julien quickly gave the waitress her card before Betty had the chance to grab hers. Betty pouted when the waitress walked away, causing Julien to laugh softly.

"I asked you to breakfast silly." Julien said with a laugh.

Betty joined in with her laughter. "I'll get it next time then."

When Julien heard Betty say next time, her heart fluttered.

"You want to do this again?" Julien asked softly.

Betty nodded with a smile. "of course, I do. If that's something you also want to do."

Julien froze for a moment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had to shake herself out of her daydream to respond. "of course, I want to. Fuck, you don't know how much I've truly missed you." Julien said softly.

Betty giggled softly with a nod.

Soon, the two exited the restaurant together. Julien kept her hand on the small of Betty's back as they headed back toward Betty's apartment.

"Thank you for breakfast." Betty said softly.

Julien nodded with a smile. "Of course."

Once the two of them got to the apartment building, Julien walked with Betty up to her place. The two of them were quiet, but it was a comfortable quiet. Once outside of the apartment, Betty leaned against the wall for a moment.

"Keep in touch?" Betty asked softly.

Julien nodded. "Definitely."

As Betty turned around to unlock the door, she felt Julien grab her arm.

"Betty, wait-"

As soon as Betty turned around, Julien's lips collided with hers. Betty let out a soft gasp, letting her fingers thread through Julien's hair. Julien's hands were around her waist, pulling her close. The two shared this passionate kiss for a moment before pulling apart.

The two of them were out of breath and Julien had a small smirk on her lips.

"Well, I'll see you soon." She said softly.

Julien turned and headed towards the exit, leaving Betty standing in front of her apartment.

Fuck.

____
I hope you guys are loving this book. I love seeing your guys comments. They make my day.

-Belle<3