Chapter 6

One week later...

Betty was organizing books at her job in the back of the store when she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Cory was up front helping out a customer and Betty could hear the two conversing.

She quickly pulled her phone from her pocket, noticing it was a text from Phoebe.

Phoebe
Hey, so I was wondering if you would want to come to one of our shows. We're playing at Forrest Hills Stadium. It's June 17th.

Betty nearly dropped her phone when she read the text. She kept reading it over and over again. Her heart was beating fast as she thought of the possibility of seeing Julien again.

She waited until the customer had left the store before making a beeline for the front where Cory was. He instantly turned around when he heard her footsteps.

"Everything okay?" He asked. His face was laced with a bit of concern and confusion.

Betty hand him her phone, and she stood there as she watched him read the text.

"Holy shit." He said. His eyes moved from Betty's phone screen to her eyes. "We have to go."

Betty bit her lip with a nod. She did want to go. She'd been listening to their music nonstop. She was just nervous to see her ex.

"You'll go with me?" Betty asked softly.

Cory nodded with a grin. "Hell yeah. We're best friends and I love their music."

Betty smiled and nodded. She quickly sent Phoebe a text back, letting her know that she and Cory were in.

"Do you think Gracie would come?" Cory asked Betty as he leaned against the counter.

Betty shrugged before sending a quick text to Gracie. The two of them hadn't spent as much time together recently. Gracie was either busy with recording and writing music and Betty was busy with work. Gracie had also started seeing someone recently so he took up much of her time.

"I think it would be nice for Gracie to come. But I think she may have hard feelings towards Julien still." Betty said.

She put her phone down on the counter and glanced at Cory. He gave her a bit of a shrug. "You never know. Maybe things have changed."

Betty nodded and she ran a hand through her hair. It was only February and the concert wasn't till June. That was still four months out. But Betty knew those months would fly by.

"I can't believe their album comes out in a month." Cory said, still leaning against the counter.

Betty nodded and she grabbed her book from behind the desk, opening it up. Her eyes started to scan the pages as she read. Cory glanced at the back cover to see what she was reading.

"Pride and Prejudice? Do you actually like that book?" Cory asked Betty as he watched her flip a page.

She nodded, her eyes continuing to scan the pages as she read. Cory shook his head a bit and sat down at one of the chairs behind the desk.

"I'm bored." Cory announced, laying his head on the desk.

Betty glanced up from her book. "Find something to clean."

Cory sighed. "That's all I ever do when there's no customers."

Betty shrugged and continued to read.

"Betty, pay attention to me." Cory said in a dramatic tone.

She groaned and looked up at Cory, shutting her book. "Ugh, I never can read here. You're literally so annoying."