Chapter 8

By the end of the show, Betty stood in complete shock. The boys had done their bows and Julien tossed her guitar pick into the crowd. Once the boys had exited the stage, it became insane. Bodies pushing one another to leave, it was hot, and everyone was sweating. Betty felt herself being brought back to reality when she heard Gracie's voice.

"Betty? You, okay?" She asked, her hand gently taking hold of Betty's upper arm.

Betty turned to her and nodded. The crowd was starting to become overwhelming. There was still a ton of adrenaline coursing through her veins.

"Best fucking show ever." Cory said with a grin. He was practically bouncing up and down.

Betty cracked a small grin and Gracie laughed at Cory's statement.

A security guard made their way over to the three. "Can you guys follow me? I've been told you're wanted backstage."

Betty felt her heartbeat even faster. This was going to be the reunion she had been anticipating for months. A million thoughts raced through her head as she, along with Gracie and Cory followed the officer backstage.

Once the three were back there, the first person who came around the corner was Phoebe. She had a huge smile on her face as she ran over to hug the three of them.

Phoebe hugged Betty last and whispered to her "There's someone who's been waiting to see you."

When the two pulled apart from the hug, Julien was standing right there. She looked so angelic and beautiful. She still looked relatively the same, just aged a bit since it had been about 5 years.

She was smiling at Betty and opened her arms which Betty gladly ran into. The moment Julien's arms wrapped around Betty, she felt at peace. Like Julien's arms were her home. Her safe place. The two stayed hugging for a few minutes. Neither of them wanted to let go until Lucy interrupted.

"Okay lovers, I think I deserve to hug Betty too." Lucy said with a soft laugh.

Both Betty and Julien blushed softly and pulled apart, letting Lucy hug Betty. The hug wasn't as long as the one Betty and Julien had previously shared, but it was still special.

"Are you sure this is real life? Somebody pinch me." Cory said.

Phoebe laughed and reached over to pinch Cory.

"Okay, yup. Not dreaming. This is real."

They all laughed at Cory before the group left Betty and Julien alone. Allowing them to have a private conversation.

Julien scratched the back of her neck nervously and Betty picked at the skin around her nails. The two were a bit nervous to be alone with one another.

"So, how have you been?" Julien started.

Betty shrugged a bit. "I've been okay. Sober for the last few years and I work at the bookstore with Cory."

Julien nodded.

"How have things been for you?" Betty asked softly, nervously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's been good. Busy, but rewarding. But sometimes I do miss having a quiet life." Julien said softly, meeting Betty's gaze.

Betty nodded. "I've missed you." She said softly.

Julien gave her a small smile. "I've missed you too. I'm sorry that things ended the way they did."

Betty waved her off a bit. "It's a thing of the past. Let's just move past it."

Julien nodded in agreement. "That sounds good to me."

Betty and Julien both shared a smile. This didn't feel as awkward as the two had thought it would be. It was going way better than expected.

"Hey, we have a break between our next show tomorrow. Would you want to possibly get breakfast tomorrow morning? Just the two of us." Julien asked.

Betty nodded with a smile. "Yeah of course. I'm free tomorrow. What time?"

"I could swing around your place around 9 if that works. We're staying down the street from you and Gracie is what Phoebe told me." Julien said.

Betty smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that would work out perfectly."

"Sweet."

The two smiled at each other before the group returned.

"Oh thank god they're not kissing." Lucy joked.

Julien and Betty blushed.

After a bit of time, everyone started to head out. The boys headed back to their hotel and then Betty, Cory, and Gracie all headed back to their places.

After getting home, showering, and eating something, Betty lay in bed thinking about tonight. It was a night to remember.

Butterflies filled her stomach when she thought about getting breakfast with Julien the next morning. Maybe this would help the two catch up more.

Betty lay awake for a while before finally falling asleep.
_____

"So... how'd it go?" Phoebe asked Julien when they were back in their hotel room.

Julien was sitting on the end of her bed. She had her own bed while Lucy and Phoebe were going to share the other one.

"Good. We're getting breakfast tomorrow." Julien said with a small smile.

Phoebe gave Lucy a look. "You owe me $20."

Julien's eyes widened and she looked between the two of them. "You betted on us?"

"Maybe."

Lucy grabbed $20 from her wallet, handing it to Phoebe.

"I may go broke if we keep doing this." Lucy said with a laugh.

Julien rolled her eyes before standing up. She grabbed her towel from the dresser and headed into the bathroom. After shutting the door, she took a moment to herself. Her thoughts were racing but the only thing she could truly think about was Betty. The way she looked tonight, her voice. God, the girl was fucking perfect in Julien's eyes.

Julien turned the shower water on, letting it warm up as she stripped out of her clothes. Once warm enough, she stepped in. The warm water felt good against her overworked muscles.

Maybe this breakfast thing would help Julien relax after being on autopilot constantly for the past couple of weeks.

Once Julien finished up her shower and changed into pajamas, she crashed into bed. The last thought on her mind was Betty and how she was going to try and make this breakfast worthwhile.
___

Sorry it's a bit short. I'm going out of town this weekend for a concert so I wanted to finish this up. Excited to finally have Betty and Julien reunited. Thank you guys for the support!

-Belle<3