Chapter 12

"Hey, I have some news." Julien announced to Betty as she walked into the kitchen.

Betty was making them tea when she turned around to face Julien. The two had been official again for the past few weeks and things seemed to be going well. The boys were on a bit of break at the moment, so Julien was staying temporarily with Betty and Gracie in their apartment.

Gracie was slowly starting to warm back up to Juliens presence, although she was keeping an eye on her. She wasn't messing around this time. She pretty much told Julien she would kick her ass if the same shit was pulled again. Gracie didn't scare most people as she was a very sweet person. But Julien was a bit scared of her. 

"What's up love?" Betty asked. 

Betty was stirring oat milk into her tea as she waited for Julien to tell her the news she had.

"Well, guess who gets to play MSG with Muna." Julien said with a smile on her face.

Betty almost dropped the mug she was holding. She set it down on the counter, rushing over to Julien to wrap her arms around her. 

"Oh my god babe. That's fucking incredible."

Betty hugged Julien tighter, and Julien laughed softly with a nod. 

"I know. I can't believe we're going to play MSG. It's a fucking dream." Julien said excitedly. She had a huge smile plastered on her face.

Betty smiled happily, kissing Julien's cheek.

"Do you think Cory and Gracie would like to come to the show? It's not for another month, but I could make it happen." Julien said.

She was running her fingers through Betty's hair as she spoke, waiting for her to respond.

"Oh, I know Cory definitely will. I need to ask Gracie though. I think she might not be here. She's been quite busy."

Julien nodded. "No problem. I'll make sure to keep a place open for her just in case."

Betty nodded.

"I still can't believe you guys are going to play there." Betty said.

The two were now sitting on the couch with one another. Both holding their mugs in their hands as they enjoyed the calming sound of the rain coming down outside.

Julien nodded, taking a sip of her tea.

"I can't wait to see my two favorite bands play at the same venue." Betty said softly.

"But we're your number one favorite, right?" Julien asked with a soft laugh.

"Maybe." Betty said with a grin.

Julien laughed, playfully reaching over to hit her arm, causing Betty to laugh.

"We better be." Julien teased.

Betty laughed again, taking a sip of her tea.

"How's work been?" Julien asked Betty.

Life had been a bit crazy the past few weeks. Betty had been working a lot more lately and she always seemed to be a bit tired.

Betty shrugged a bit. As much as she loved her job, it was starting to take a bit of a toll on her.

"It's just been a bit crazy at the store lately. And working more has been kind of hard." Betty said with a soft sigh.

Julien nodded with a sympathetic look. She could tell the job was wearing her down a bit. Betty's boss had been on her ass about being late lately. Betty was now getting to work early and not leaving until a bit later.

"Baby, if it's too much then maybe you should start looking for better opportunities. There are other bookstores that I bet would hire you." Julien said softly.

She worried about Betty and her mental health. She knew that if she wasn't there, Betty would probably be having a harder time, especially with Gracie not being home as often lately. 

Betty was quite independent and didn't like to admit when she needed the extra help. Though she didn't fight Julien for wanting to help her out a bit. It was comforting to her to have Julien being there for her. Afterall, it was just something a partner does for another partner when they're struggling.

"I mean, I'll look into it. But I think Cory would kill me if I left." Betty said with a soft laugh.

Julien laughed softly as well.

The two stayed quiet for a bit, just enjoying the company and presence of one another.

"Babe?" Betty said after a bit.

"Yes love?" Julien said.

She set her mug down, turning her attention to Betty.

"Do you feel that things will be different this time? Like do you think we have a strong relationship."

Julien reached a hand out to gently place on Betty's cheek.

"I think we're stronger than ever baby." Julien said with a smile.

Betty nodded, giving her a small smile back.

Julien leaned in, kissing Betty softly. Her fingers thread through her hair. The two shared a sweet kiss for a moment before pulling apart.

"I love you." Julien said softly, tucking a strand of hair behind Betty's ear.

Betty smiled, placing her hand over Juliens.

"I love you too."

____