8. Addicted

Valentino Grey

I still can't forget any of it. Any of the fucking shit that Dante put my brother put through. He started it all. He sold him those drugs. He made him use it and get addicted.

I've never seen him like this. It all started when he was 17. I didn't know it at the time but Matteo told me afterwards. Dante sold him his first drugs. He forced my brother to use it. And as stupid as he was Matteo did it. And he kept doing it. Until one day I caught him almost dying.

He couldn't fucking breathe. He was shaking like crazy. Couldn't walk. He laid there on the floor as I watched him vomit. I had never seen him like this. I never knew he had problems with drugs.
Until when I almost lost him.
The only person who actually cares for me was near dying. I took him to the hospital as fast as I could. I begged for him to get better, to be alive. I couldn't do this without him.

We always took care of each other at the orphanage.
We shared everything, the last piece of bread.
The blanket on cold nights. Dreams.
We shared laughter, a lot of cries.
We share blood.

It was like hell at the orphanage. Not a single night I slept good. We were always punished by the workers because no family wanted us. I remember I did everything in my power to make the family's hate me just so I could stay with Matteo. He did the same and we kept doing it until we got so old that nobody wanted us anymore.

When I turned 16 I got kicked out. They told me to get a life and never come back.
I had to leave my brother.
I started working but knew I had to make a lot more money to survive. I joined the mafia at 16.
I had to grow up fast although I was just a child.

At 19 I got us a house.
I did everything for money. Literally anything. I killed, tortured and punished people all the time. I was so used to it by now that it became like a routine. Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken this road but once you get in, it's impossible to get out. And before I knew it i had become the boss of this mafia.
I never wanted this but I would do everything for my brother. If this meant we would have a better life.

He kept using the drugs in secret but I caught him a lot. I had to put an end to it. He wasn't going to be happy this way.
He got his heart broken two times and couldn't get himself out of depression.

I forced him to stop taking the drugs. He was furious. "I hate you" he had said. Something we never say to one another, because we are all we have in this messed up world.
It hurt me a lot then but I knew he didn't mean it, he was just too addicted and angry at me.

I locked him up and forced him to go to therapy. I knew it was like hell for him not taking the drugs. And each day it got worse. He was begging me to give them back to him. It hurt me to see him in so much pain but I couldn't let him die because of fucking drugs.

I blamed myself for it all. I should have known. Maybe I could've stopped it sooner.

After a four days he agreed to rehab. He looked dead coming out that door.
Still alive but pale and tired.
"I promise I will get better. I want to go to rehab" he said and I drove him there every week. And for two years now he has been clean.

I fight each day with myself to not find Dante and kill him. But I can't. He forced me into signing a contract with him.

One day I decided to meet the fucker that gave my brother those drugs.
"If you ever give that shit to my brother I will kill you" I had said, now wishing I had killed him right then and there.
He smiled. That fucking grin.

He promised me to never touch Matteo if I promised to never touch him.
I was scared. At that time Dante was stronger than me. He had more power. And I signed this stupid contract. With all my bank info. If I ever did anything to hurt Dante he would give the drugs back to my brother and take everything away from me. We would be homeless again. And I refuse to not being able to take care of my brother.

I was never scared of dying but knowing my brother could die, leaving me all alone was torture. I can't live without him. And I can't die before him either. So as long as Dante has that contract I can't fucking touch him. Even dead he would make his men come after my brother.

And I won't let Isabella be Matteo's friend then leave to die in a less than month. She will get me the papers and then die.
He would get hurt, and I will forever protect him from things I know will hurt him.

So here is a little of Valentinos backstory, hope you guys like it so far. Let me know your thoughts!