29. Forgive me

Isabella Rose

He came. He really came back. I thought he never wanted to see me.
Worst of all he apologized making this so much harder for me. I was so sure I could move on if I had anger in me, but now that he apologized I'm not so sure.

I'm trying every possible thing to come up with why I shouldn't talk to him.
Why I shouldn't listen. That he might hurt me even more.
But my heart is not listening to my brain. This stupid heart.

I have to find a way to move on. I want a normal life. With Valentino it can never be normal. He's in the mafia and that makes it all harder. I want peace. An easy life. That is not possible if I go back.

I'm starting over now.

Staying away from Valentino is the best option for both of us. He could never trust me again and I never want to be hurt like that again. This is good for both. To move on.

Right?
I try to convince myself this is good.

It is. I'm going to be fine.

I look out my window to see that Valentino is still outside. He should go home.

I ignore him and go back to my room.

***

A day later at the same time at 8pm a car arrives outside. I discreetly look out the window. Shit. It's Valentino again.

Is he seriously going to show up like this knowing I won't talk to him. I won't break.

He stands outside by his car, leaning on it waiting for me to come outside. But I will not. He spots me at the window and I quickly hide. Fuck he saw me.
I take another peak. He's smiling. Not good.

***

A new day goes by and at 8pm he comes back like the last two nights.

He spots me at the window and waves his hand, I roll my eyes in response. I'm not giving up. He knows that right? I have a plan now. A good one.

"Is that Dante's man?" Father asks me.
I shrug.
"Dante? That fucker could never be like Valentino." I say.
And it's true. Valentino is a true mafia leader, a good one. He takes good care of his men and trains them personally. He pays everything for his workers. Just to give them a great life. A life he never got.

"What do you mean? Aren't you with Dante anymore?" Father asks. Oh shit. I never told them about this.

"Ehm" I begin not knowing where to start. "No I had to get away from him" I say trying not to say too much. I don't want them knowing I ran away. They would probably hate me even more, if that is even possible.

"Are you serious Isabella. This is not a joke you can't end it with Dante" he says with a tone I do not like.

"Father he was abusing me" I admit trying to get him to understand. I was wrong for thinking he would get it. To feel sorry.

"What the fuck this is a nightmare. How will we get money now!" He slams the table.

"Start working maybe" I say pissing him off.

"You little fucker, I get it now, why we gave you away." He says.
I stay silent.

"There has to be a punishment for ruining your parents future" he says grabbing a knife from the kitchen drawer.

I back away from him. Not this again.
"Stop this father. Please I'm begging you." I say not wanting to get stabbed to death.

He swings the knife at me and it cuts my face. Right under my cheek. Not too deep but enough to hurt me.