Chapter 3 - Scammed

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Drew's mom, Nora exclaimed as she clasped her hands together

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Drew's mom, Nora exclaimed as she clasped her hands together. "Do you have a place to stay dear?" She continued.

"I have already rented a house at Windor Road," I replied. "I was actually on my way there when my car broke down."

The room suddenly went quiet. What was wrong now? "Oh Dear," Nora's eyes were filled with sympathy. "that house was torn down years ago." She sighed. "What's that supposed to mean?" I exclaimed.

"It appears you've been scammed. Welcome to the countryside, darlin'." Drew snorted. I gaped at him. I was scammed and he was making fun of me. Jerk. My eyes narrowed. He just stood there with a smirk on his face, crossing his arms over his green flannel shirt.

I was about to wipe that smirk right off of his gorgeous face when Nora suddenly spoke. "You can stay at Drew's place. He has extra rooms after all." Nora proposed. Drew's eyes widened and he narrowed his eyes slightly at his mother, clearly not happy with her suggestion.

"No, absolutely not." He grumbled as he shook his head. His voice sounded rough and his word had a sense of finality in them. I gave him a dirty look which he ignored. "Come on dear, she needs a place to stay." Drew's mother pleaded with him. Drew's father motioned for Drew to follow him. They stood at the farthest side of the room. Drew's father looked like he was scolding him and Drew yelled a few times but eventually sighed and nodded at his father. They probably reached some kind of agreement.

Drew walked to me. "Come on darlin'." He grumbled and didn't even wait for me to follow him as he picked up my bags and stormed out of the Inn. I could practically see the fumes coming off of him. He clearly wasn't happy that I was going to be living with him.

"Thank you guys for everything and I guess I'll see you around." I greeted Drew's parents and gave them a small wave. Drew's mother gave me a warm smile and his father gave me a kurt nod with a small smile. I then rushed after Drew only to find him already loading my bags into the back of his truck. "This is what I get for doing one nice thing." I heard him mumble as he closed the back of his truck. This was going to be a long and interesting stay.

We road back to his house in silence. I was too exhausted to talk and he was probably too annoyed. I looked out the window and saw the outlines of trees and farmlands that I'd probably be able to appreciate better in the morning when the sun was out.

After a few minutes, we finally arrived at his house. We drove up the gravel road closer to his house. Only when I got out of the truck I had a chance to marvel at his house. It was a huge white country house and it also had two stories. It was way too big for one person.

"Follow me," he said curtly as he unloaded my bags and walked to his front porch. He unlocked his front door and I then followed him inside. I breathed in a homey smell that smelled like sandalwood, one of my favourite scents. My shoulders relaxed.

"Home sweet home I guess. Your room is upstairs." I followed him and walked further into the house and tried to take in all the details as I passed the kitchen on my right and the living room on my left. The floorboards creaked as I followed him up the stairs to the second floor. "Here's the bathroom," He said and nodded to the first door on my right. "And here's your room." He said as he slowed down in front of the second door. "My room is across from yours." He said as he pointed to the door at the end of the hall on the right. I nodded back at him in understanding. He opened the door to my room and slipped inside. He held the door open for me before letting it shut on its own.