Chapter 22 - Christmas delights

Eloise frowned as I drove back into town

Eloise frowned as I drove back into town. "Do we need to buy something for the house?" She turned to me, but I only chuckled. "We're not here for groceries." We drove further into town and Lexi's coffee shop came into view. "Are we going on a coffee date?" She eyed me curiously. "Nope." I said simply.

I watched as she leaned further back into her seat. "Drew, the anticipation is killing me."

"Just a little further."

She looked out the window and eyed the shops as we drove past them. I could see the questions on her tongue as I pulled to a stop in front of an empty-looking shop. We climbed out of the car and Eloise frowned at the empty shop.

"Drew, what are we doing here?" Eloise frowned as she looked at me.

"Merry Christmas, El. I know Christmas is still a few days away, but I couldn't wait anymore." I said as I held out my one hand gesturing to the shop.

Eloise's frown deepened. "I don't understand."

I put my arms on her waist and looked into her beautiful blue eyes. "When we went on our first date you told me you wanted to open a bakery one day. Well, this is all yours."

"I don't understand. What is?"

"This shop. I bought you this shop for you right before...everything." I said referring to her kidnapping and rubbed my hand at the back of my neck.

Eloise beamed up at me and tears started forming in her eyes. "Drew..." She captured me in a hug. "Thank you." She whispered and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around her and deepened the kiss. She moaned as I slipped my tongue inside her mouth. Our kiss got a bit heated and I realised we were in public. I forced myself to pull away. If things escalated I don't think I would be able to stop. Kissing Eloise was like a dream. One I'd never get tired of.

"If this is what I get as thanks then I'll buy you anything you want," I smirked. Eloise blushed and let out a small laugh. It sounded like music to my ears. I could record her laugh and listen to it a thousand times and still not be tired of hearing it.

I rested my forehead on hers. "I love you so much. I never would've known that some city girl who wandered into my small town would have such an amazing impact on my life."

"If I remember correctly, we have your mother to thank for our relationship. She was the one who forced us to live together after all." Eloise chuckled and I laughed along with her.

"Now I think it's about we take a look inside, don't you?" I said as I wrapped my hand around hers and pulled her closer to the store. "Now you just have to figure out a name for the shop."
"I have a few in mind." She beamed up at me.

After a few hours of looking around the store and hearing all Eloise's plans, we made our way back to the house.

A few days later my parents decided that the whole family should go to our family cabin for Christmas. We all packed up our bags and left for the cabin the next day. That was 2 days ago. Now we were all gathered around the Christmas tree in the living room opening presents.